Thinking of selling 1995 Tahoe 2dr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaycenk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Around me in tampa that truck would fetch $6000 from someone really willing to pay. BUT... it would take a while and you would get a ton of low ball 3500 offers from all of these "Buyers" that are really used car flippers. Big buisness here right now with the world eco in the toilet and the demand from our ports for 4x4's in southern countries. You could sell it in a day here for 5k with everything in working order no cracks in the dash good seats and full of options.

LI99HOE

Top Notch Tech.
Reaction score
It looks real clean, and if it's maintained the same.... I can't see why ya' can't get ~5k for it.
Personally I think that 8.5k is a too high.... then again.... I think it's a shame ya' can't hold onto it all together. Clean 2dr's by me are hard to come by.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
I agree with Blackcoffee and disagree with many other here on this forum (Sorry guys)

In northern California, a 2D Tahoe is very sought after and you could easily fetch $6-7K for a two door with low miles (Under 100K). Anyone blue booking a two door is ridiculous for comparing it to the resale of a four door. The fact of the matter is a two door is rare and four doors are a dime a dozen (Sorry guys).

I think you will serious regret selling such an awesome truck. Your better off buying a cheap commuter and putting the 2D in the garage.

My .02 cents

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 95 2 door is not that rare. In my part of the country I see quite a few 2 door hoes running around. This question and opinions are all dependent upon geographical location :shrug:

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe if it has very low miles and a complete history report on all maintanence done to the vehicle by the dealer. Yeah, its possible to get that much.

Seriously, I dont see it as being a rare vehicle. I see them quite often around here even up north I saw them pretty often. Now, if youre talking about a 2wd 2dr Tahoe, they are not as common. More of a rare find if you ask me. When I was looking (for the second time) the closest one I found for sale was in GA, thats when I was in MA.

Either way, good luck with whatever choice you make.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
2D Tahoe's are becoming harder and harder to find. The 2D Tahoe's rolling around my neck of the woods are beat to sh@t, in horrible condition, or have a tons of miles on them.

Clean 2D's with low miles that haven't been beat all to hell are difficult to find, and fetch a nice amount for someone who has one and is willing to part with it.

My Tahoe was a perfect example. It was posted for sale by the original owner with 70K miles for 6 grand. (Which was a STEAL) Within the first 3 hours after he posted the ad, he had 5 telephone offers with two of us racing toward his location with the nod that the first one to arrive with cash got it. Lucky for me, the other serious buyer had to travel further than I did so I got it first.

During the 3 years I've had it, I have been approached by three people that comment on how clean my rig is, how they are hard to find, and all three people petitioned me with all cash offers to buy it off me right there on the spot.

I love my Tahoe and I have no plans to part with it, but it just goes to show how these models are viewed based on the condition of the vehicle and how many like them are still left on the road.

Last edited:

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Well heres the thing maybe, the "Blazers" 2 door tahoe's without barn doors with the 88-95 interior and the TBI motor I see here every couple days driving around. Now out of the few I see, there never in good condition. Rarely I mean once in along while I'll see a decent 96-99 2 door driving around but there usually pretty wore out looking. I think in 5-10 years, there will be very few of the 2 door tahoes around, and since they had quite a short run less then 10 years and since they don't look quite like anything else their gonna be hard to find in good condition. I would NEVER sell a 2 door for blue book if I had one in good condition, don't let people fool you. Because now I know, its worth it (the extra $1,500-3000) your gonna spend to get a clean truck rather then one thats been kinda neglected.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cort84