Thinking about swapping my 06 Denali xL from column to console shift

Worth the extra effort to convert column shift to floor shifter?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i also don't quiet get the point of this.. if you're going to do all the work.. might as well make it a manual

OP
OP
Bdubb

Bdubb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not converting to manual because I am not the only on that drives this vehicle. When I want to drive a manual, I will drive my 3500 Ram or blown 6.2l blazer

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not converting to manual because I am not the only on that drives this vehicle. When I want to drive a manual, I will drive my 3500 Ram or blown 6.2l blazer
Is there a link to the blazer?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You know--the Hummers are on the NBS frames, and alot of the interior would work in our trucks. Since they're floor shifted, I bet you could use alot of those parts, linkage etc, and get it to work.

Last edited:

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The H3 is a midsize. Its the same length as a 2d Yukon, and it weighs the same as a 4d. Its the same as the Colorado/Canyon.

You would be lookin at the H2. Its got a pretty snazzy lookin shifter though.

OH yeah,, tell me that doesn't look like its a facelifted version of a Tahoe that's designed for heavy off road and to cost twice as much. That's got the same shape to it, Especially if you see how the manuals go in, in these trucks.

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

I now want to know if somebody has already done this.. Or at least the console..

Last edited:

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OP
OP
Bdubb

Bdubb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the H2 rear seats were a little narrower than the Tahoe was, because the door panels sat further off the doors on the H2. I'm building a custom console that goes from the dash all the way to to the third row. Main reason is to allow for a small cooler to go under the armrest between the 2nd row buckets as well as adding an iPad to the area where the factory 6 disk changer goes in front, and a separate iPad for the second row. . Any SUV or truck that had floor shifter and 4l60/65/70, all have the same part number listed for the shifter cable. The shifter themselves all have the same linkage. Even the 4th gen Camaro or 2nd gen s10 shifter could be used. I have a trailblazer ss shifter, but i also grabbed one from a 2000 s10 blazer and 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. They are all the same, except for how they mount to the floor. Seeing as though you'd need to make a bracket to space it up off the floor in the NBS trucks anyway, its an easy swap.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
the H2 rear seats were a little narrower than the Tahoe was, because the door panels sat further off the doors on the H2. I'm building a custom console that goes from the dash all the way to to the third row. Main reason is to allow for a small cooler to go under the armrest between the 2nd row buckets as well as adding an iPad to the area where the factory 6 disk changer goes in front, and a separate iPad for the second row. . Any SUV or truck that had floor shifter and 4l60/65/70, all have the same part number listed for the shifter cable. The shifter themselves all have the same linkage. Even the 4th gen Camaro or 2nd gen s10 shifter could be used. I have a trailblazer ss shifter, but i also grabbed one from a 2000 s10 blazer and 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix. They are all the same, except for how they mount to the floor. Seeing as though you'd need to make a bracket to space it up off the floor in the NBS trucks anyway, its an easy swap.
True about the seats next to the door panels. Good catch. But I'm pretty sure they'd mount up to the stock mounting bolt holes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jb1dsl