Thinking About Lifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly been thinking of doing a 6 inch suspension lift and taking my 15" cragars and throwing them in some 35's or bigger if I can fit. Obviously im a total noob to this stuff, so can you lifted guys tell me all ill need and whatnot? Gears, steering stabilizers, etc.? I wanna do this right.

This was the lift kit I was checking out. Its a rough country lift and only a grand: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/88-9...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I won't need to crank my keys or anything to achieve the full 6 inches with this kit right? I just don't want any more frame showing, there's already too much as it is and im at stock suspension.

Will I be able to put on a roll pan with a suspension lift?

Also this is gonna sound stupid but will I be able to jump into my Tahoe without running boards? lol

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bro i have a slightly used procomp 6 inch with shocks pretty much everything!

i wanna sell for pretty cheap!

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Clean's kit is nice, so is the RCX.

Plan on doinf the work yourself? That will save a good bit. Then exhaust mods maybe to clear the front shaft, alignment. Gears are highly recomended when running bigger tires. For 35" tires do at least a 4.56 or 4.88. The cost of front and rear gears with a true trac will be around $1,100 I think. install for them greatly varies depending on the shop and area you live.

Those are the big ticket items. You may need longer brake line, go SS lines at that point.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Both kits will have u cranking to get the full 6 Inches. I have my cv's laying almost flat on the front and my 35's aren't rubbing at all. Will depend greatly on your rims tho.

How tall are you?I get in mine without boards at 6'3" but the shorter riders have a bit of a jump... Haha

OP
OP
Brandon X

Brandon X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clean's kit is nice, so is the RCX.

Plan on doinf the work yourself? That will save a good bit. Then exhaust mods maybe to clear the front shaft, alignment. Gears are highly recomended when running bigger tires. For 35" tires do at least a 4.56 or 4.88. The cost of front and rear gears with a true trac will be around $1,100 I think. install for them greatly varies depending on the shop and area you live.

Those are the big ticket items. You may need longer brake line, go SS lines at that point.

Holy shit gears are that much?! No im not gonna be installing it myself I was gonna have my buddy whos a mechanic do it. So even if I buy cleans kit, im still gonna have to buy a new driveshaft since I have Autotrac, ss lines, then gears are another grand, and the labor. I'm looking at probably $3000+ just for a 6 inch lift. Maybe I won't lift lol.

@96ProComp I'm at a pretty average 5'11 lol.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never did gears u don't have to do it right away
Ss lines r like 50$ maybe less
The new shafts r a must tho

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ran stock 3.73's for the first year the hoe was lifted. See if you have a driveshaft shop locally and have them give u a quote. SS lines Are a must. Your mechanic friend do gears? Could save a good chunk of money if he does. Iirc mygears were about a grand installed, half of it was labor.

Biggwaukegan

Banned
Reaction score
ProComp....You got your what? cv? what do you mean you got em almost flat up front? You talking about cranking the keys? please explain

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
revrae