Theoretical Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
Approximately how much of a horse power gain would one achieve with the addition of CAI, BB tune, exhaust and vette servo to their stock Tahoe? I know there are different variables that play into this number, im just looking for a general idea of what someone could expect in performance gain.

I know these threads are typically frowned upon. However, I feel like those 4 performance mods seem to be a common starting point for most owners, therefore many people can benefit from this question.

Thanks,
Dan

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
2.3 is on weed bro... When I BB tuned I added 29 RWHP (I would try to find the screen shots and post them)

I would assume adding the CAI and Magnaflow added 2-5 hp prior to that so I would venture to say a SOLID 30 WHP.

Also, I told Justin to give me the most aggressive high octane tune he felt a daily driver could handle.

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Servo wouldn't really add power, but definitely helps out that 1-2 shift. Probably the best $14.99 investment I've made to my hoe. Depending on what intake, exhaust, and tune, look for about 25-35 ponies

OP
OP
rockymt21

rockymt21

wing addict
Reaction score
The Servo wouldn't really add power, but definitely helps out that 1-2 shift. Probably the best $14.99 investment I've made to my hoe. Depending on what intake, exhaust, and tune, look for about 25-35 ponies

Yeah I forgot to clarify. The vette servo was purely for performance and not HP gain.

For those of you who have first hand experience at this list of mods and the increase of 25-35hp, how much of a difference did it make in the performance of your truck? Was it like what you expected or was it like unleashing a beast?

HitandRunDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the 91 octane BB tune and Justin converted my tow/haul mode into the Jenna shift. The CAI and exhaust help a little, but the tune definitely gives the most power for your money.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
the addition of the CAI and magnaflow was kinda cool, made the truck sound cool... no real HP gains that I could tell. The BB tune woke the shit up like you wouldnt believe! Is it face melting? No, you need forced induction for that, but its the most power you will get for the money, and you WILL feel it.

COTahoeLS

Reaction score
Sorry, that was supposed to be MPG... J/K

Anyways to answer seriously, I too got a BB Tune for 91 octane and a bit of tweaking on the E85 maps. This was a night and day difference from stock. The CAI doesn't really add performance per-se but eliminates that ugly ******* resonator that is restrictive as hell. The exhaust, same thing... These trucks come with well flowing stock exhausts but every little bit helps when breathing is concerned.

I think overall you'll see between 15-25hp gain depending on your engine's health, quality of fuel and your wants.

-E

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
25-40 depending on tune, fuel, and the brand of components.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts