The little things, make the biggest changes..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks good

will you also paint the rim inserts to match?

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like those painted mirrors!

Were they hard and did you paint them on the car or off?

How about a front 3/4 view? You're giving me some inspiration...

Nice truck!

OP
OP
3girls1boyYukonXL

3girls1boyYukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feed back. Like i said, Ill send out full body shots once the weather clears up, and I'm able to wash it.. 4 kids under the age of 6, its hard to do anything!. Still waiting on my wheels.

MTVP, I like the Caddy! Do they call the color like my XL, "Champagne Silver"

ajs800

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great! I too would like to see a full profile shot from a good distance to see how the D pillars blend. I have been wanting to paint the D pillars on our white yukon since day one but haven't done so yet and it's been over a year.

Did you remove and have professionally done at shop or did you paint them?

MTVP

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive feed back. Like i said, Ill send out full body shots once the weather clears up, and I'm able to wash it.. 4 kids under the age of 6, its hard to do anything!. Still waiting on my wheels.

MTVP, I like the Caddy! Do they call the color like my XL, "Champagne Silver"
They do not ! Silver Coast Metallic for a Cadillac. Sparking Silver Metallic for a GMC Denali. I believe it's the same paint code number though.

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Where did you get the paint? I'm guessing it didn't take much? Did you remove each part or mask and tape? I'm on the fence about the D pillars. Mine are black (stock) so it looks like the same glass all the way around from rear doors back. Next step for me is some debadging, mainly the door side trim. Nice job!

OP
OP
3girls1boyYukonXL

3girls1boyYukonXL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ajs800: To answer your question, No I did not paint them. Here is the deal. Besides my daily 9-5 grind, I own some rental properties. One of them is next to a Auto Body Shop, in which I rent garage space out to. For small parts and maybe 1 car. So, I asked one random day if it possible to paint a few things for me. We did the barter system! BOOM, 1 month rent for the paint & labor. But, it was my idea to paint all those points on the truck. How they did it? Got me, he did mention that they took off front bumper and what not. Didn't get into details, just was pumped on how it came out. So, yeah I lucked out, they had my truck for 3 days. Also, still haven't had a chance to wash it and take a "full body" shot. Its cold and wet in NY!