the heat wont turn off when i turn off the truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spoolin

Reaction score
That dash looks similar to my 06 with the auto climate control. Had the same problem but My resistor pack had an updated plug with a new pigtail harness I had to wire in.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
heres my question:

how do i find the right exact part for the control i have? the piece number i found says its for manual controls and the pictures look like a different interface than the one i have even though it says it fits. u have the controls in the picture i posted. is there a RPO number that can tell me exactly what repalcement piece will work properly? i dont want to order a piece that even though it fits doesnt work for the climate control i have.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also if your still confused you can just pull out the old one and eye ball it and it probably has a part number on the old one which is going to be old but you can track it down.

Spoolin

Reaction score
That circled one looks exactly like the one I had to get. Comes with the updated pigtail that had 4 wires in it and the instructions to wire it up correctly. Was a piece of cake....used to work in car Audio and also dabble in home theater... mainly sales, but enough install experience to get me through simple trouble shoots and to not have to pull an installer off a job for an R&R.

If you have any experience in wiring doing things right, I.e. Solder or solderless connectors with proper stripping and crimping tools.....not wire nuts and electrical tape, you should be fine, I'd say the most difficult part was just the awkward position to get in there and splice that harness in. Am old, out of shape and my back and neck don't bend like they used to. But others will chime in that it is still nothing to be intimidated by.

You can do it, yo

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks @Galante guess thats the proper one. im gonna open up the console and double check before i order it. not that i dont trust you im just not fond of messing with electrical on the truck and i hate sending back parts in case whats in there is something else. @Spoolin you need to solder the new one? i dont have a solder gun. im a handyman by trade have done basic electrical like lights and switches etc. do i need to get one for the repair? gonna do this one soon lol the heated seat wasnt warm enough last couple of days driving around lmao had my jacket zipped up with a hoody on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iasylum