Test Drove 2015i Tahoe LT Z71 fresh from factory - Cabin Pressure!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

humer101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My family and me never experienced this issue.
A least one problem less.
[emoji19]

imnohero

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to drive one with the issue as well. I'm waited on my 15i Denali XL and have been in 4 different rental Yukons, Tahoes and Suburbans for four months now without an issue with any of them. I'm hoping my new one will be ok.

krzyd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed the pressure change in my Sierra and in the Yukon when the rear windows are rolled down and radio volume is at least 1/2 way up. I can "fix it" by turning the radio off/on, an least in the truck, I haven't tried this in the Yukon. I definitely think it's related to the noise cancelling as someone else has pointed out. For me, this has not been a problem, but I can see where some people would flip out, GM should really do something about it.

blackout07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
. This is crazy to think they "all" have this problem. I've had 15-20 different people in mine between family and friends and have never had one complaint about this issue.

Same here. I test drove several before buying and never noticed the issue. I also ask people that I know that have the new suvs if they've detected it and so far I've not found anyone.

Jake01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here. I test drove several before buying and never noticed the issue. I also ask people that I know that have the new suvs if they've detected it and so far I've not found anyone.

Same here. My 2015i LT Tahoe is awesome. Only issue I had was my Onstar antenna leaking when I first got it. No pressure or other issues.

OP
OP
K

kkwbl

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I was not implying that they all have this issue.....as I don't know how anyone would know this. All I can say is there is a definite difference on the internal cabin pressure on the ears on the 2015i Z71 I test drove vs. my old 2013 LT and my "new" 2013 LTZ.

The dealer admitted that because these trucks are sealed so well now to prevent ground noise from coming into the cabin that this "change" impacts people in different ways. It did not work for us....so we will be waiting for a change to the design or we will just stick with what we have. I really like everything about these new Tahoes but the cabin pressure in the one we test drove. I say congrats to those that the new 2015 Tahoes are working for them!

Jake01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I was not implying that they all have this issue.....as I don't know how anyone would know this. All I can say is there is a definite difference on the internal cabin pressure on the ears on the 2015i Z71 I test drove vs. my old 2013 LT and my "new" 2013 LTZ.

The dealer admitted that because these trucks are sealed so well now to prevent ground noise from coming into the cabin that this "change" impacts people in different ways. It did not work for us....so we will be waiting for a change to the design or we will just stick with what we have. I really like everything about these new Tahoes but the cabin pressure in the one we test drove. I say congrats to those that the new 2015 Tahoes are working for them!

I don't doubt the issues you had either. It really sucks when you have an issue that ruins the experience. i'm sorry for anyone that has problems. It's really just luck of the draw if you get a good one or not it seems.

Rush

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tested a 2015 Escalade back in September, before I opted for the Denali.... It definitely had the issue--I specifically remember asking the dealer if the ANC could be disabled, as I assumed this was the issue.

And NO, my 2015i Denali has no semblance of the cabin pressure issue whatsoever--I would not have bought it! Just gotta do your due diligence/hope/pray for a good one.

acainindy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cabin pressure issue all went away after they replaced the front and rear ring and pinion. I got new tires, wheels, shocks out of the process.

topgun

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've driven three different XL Denali 4WD ones. Two of them had the problem really bad but one was worse than the others. The worst one had several hundred miles on it & had been transferred in from another dealer. The third one was OK.

I really wish they would get this issue resolved & hope the 2016 I have on order doesn't have the issue!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar