2015: Back to Factory Fresh Suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello!
2015 Suburban LT
120k miles
new OEM Shcoks and OEM Springs
non magnaride non max trailering package, just regular good old Suspension

I previously ran Bilstein 5100 front and rear for 5 years with the front fully extended.
All was fine but grew tired of the horse carriage ride...

I replaced the above with OEM new Shocks matching my vin, but it did not help much, I now will be installing on Monday new OEM springs...

I am hoping this will restore the ride quality back to new (ish)

Can anyone comment on springs degrading over time, especially on front-leveled trucks?

I always heard and the reason last year I didn't change the springs, that springs were lifetime.... Obviously I must be wrong?

Any of you guys with similar stories, and able to restore a nice comfy factory ride?

thanks!

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What tires do you have on the vehicle? Doubt you’re going to see any improvement from the springs.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What tires do you have on the vehicle? Doubt you’re going to see any improvement from the springs.
18inch Michelin touring stock size.
I even air down to 31ish to see if it would help… didn’t.
It ride like junk. If that doesn’t fix it that’s fine I’ll just get rid of it and get something a bit more decent.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you don’t need the level on the front for tires I would suggest getting rid of it. The suspension works best at stock geometry.

If you’re looking to tighten everything up back to how it was when new you’re looking at UCA’s, LCA’s, TRE’s, sway bar link and bushings, and coil over top hat components if you haven’t already replaced them. Like I said earlier I doubt you’re springs are sacked out to the point where it would affect ride quality at 120k.

L8T BURB

Reaction score
I agree, you should ditch the front level. It's likely that running that front level has sped up the wear on the other front end components. My recommendation would be ditch the level, and swap a fresh set of upper and lower control arms, inner and outer tie Rods, and see what you think. I feel you'll see the single biggest difference in removing the level.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Fully extended front has reduced the ability of your suspension to absorb the road.

There are those who’ve actually
made changes to the geometry of the truck and improved the ride by addressing the entire suspension. I’d go that route or back to the stock front end first. A simple process of elimination.

OP
OP
A

AZCreeker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thank you everyone for the replies, I am sorry I should have been a bit more clear
I am no longer level in the front, I replaced last year all shocks back to OEM, ditched the Bil. 1500
my mechanic installed the springs and as you guys suggested It didnt make much improvements.

like 25% better than what I was expected ride to be back to normal.

thank you for the suggestion of further replacing parts, arms, etc... I don't think its worth it, I'll just move to a newer gen next year or so... apart from that everything is pretty good for 120k miles, engine and trans feel like they did at day one in 2016

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar