Tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just can't win!
So my left brake light went out. No big deal. I go to the parts store and buy a new tail light bulb. Then I go to pull the tail light off and find that one of the screws has pulled right threw the tail light.
And the lower mount post is broken off.
And the back of the light is cracked really bad!!!!!!

So I look at the right side one and its not much better.:rage:

So I need to replace both tail lights.

I looked at using Escalade lights but there just not for me.

So whats out there that's LED, plug and play, and well made?
I don't want to spend money on new lights and then have the LEDs going out on me in just a few months.

NO CHROME PLEASE!!!!!

Looking for something thats dark.

Thanks guys!!!!!

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:39 AM ----------

Here are some lights that I think look good. Just don't know if there well made, or cheap junk.

chevrolet-tahoe-custom-led-replacement-tail-light-lenses-black-g4-anzo.jpg

Also like these.
LT-DEN07JMLED-DP.jpg

And these.
75-15415-BK.jpg

Wife likes these.
LT-DEN07G2JMLED-TM-2.jpg

What do you guys think? Any of them any good?

Also noticed I have 2 LEDs out in the 3rd brake light.
What do I have for options to fix/ replace it?

Thanks guys!

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make some clone tahoe tail lights with LED's instead of incandescent light bulbs. I think those look the best when going for the stock look. For the third brake light, you could get a tahoe version that's LED or go with the escalade third brake light, but that requires the escalade third brake light housing.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the first tails pictured, which are the g4's for a few years and didn't experience any issues. However, it seems that the quality control is hit and miss, as there are several people who have experienced either hyper flashing, leds going out or water leaking into the housing.

OP
OP
B

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make some clone tahoe tail lights with LED's instead of incandescent light bulbs. I think those look the best when going for the stock look. For the third brake light, you could get a tahoe version that's LED or go with the escalade third brake light, but that requires the escalade third brake light housing.

Are you talking about these?

2007%20-%20UP%20Chevrolet%20Suburban-Tahoe-Yukon-Yukon%20XL%20-GMC%20Denali%20LED-KS-RC.jpg

We are trying to black the truck out. But I hate the look of tail light tint. Can not count how many times I have almost hit some A hole that had so much of it on there tail lights that I could not see there brake lights in the day light.

As for the 3rd brake light I think the Yukon and Tahoe have the same light. Just the Tahoe has a body colored spoiler.

I like the Cady 3rd light. I wonder how much it costs to convert to that?

I had the first tails pictured, which are the g4's for a few years and didn't experience any issues. However, it seems that the quality control is hit and miss, as there are several people who have experienced either hyper flashing, leds going out or water leaking into the housing.

Well crap. I liked them the best. But I don't want to have problems with them ether.

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few people have used ebay seller Revotec, and have been able to return and/or exchange their tails if they messed up.

OP
OP
B

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so after looking at all the options out there I think we settled on this one.

LT-DEN07JMLED-DP.jpg

Has any one here used it?
And good?

shundal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If those are the depo tails, I have had them sitting in the box for a while but never got around to installing them. My cousin has the red version and has had no problems with them.

I actually like the look of these a lot. I bought them because I got an awesome deal on them, but didn't need them at the time. Ill pull the box out of the garage and take a few pics.

OP
OP
B

Badmunky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah they are made by Depo I think.

Looks like I can get them on ebay for around 150 shipped.
Is that a good price?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar