2021 Tahoe RST Factory LED tail light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WTH2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've look through most of these threads and don't see this one mentioned. I cracked the clear lens on my right tail light about 6 months ago. Now the factory LEDs that work the rear running lights don't work. Dealer says I need to replace the whole tail light assembly at ~$1000! The whole assembly seems to be sealed so no user servicable parts or access to actual LED's. Anyone know if you have to replace the whole light assembly to get the running lights working again? Brake, reverse and turn signal filament lamps all work.
Thanks in advance.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If its a sealed assembly, then you will need a new one. The running lights are not a part that can be taken out and replaced.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed with above. They are sealed and not serviceable. The 2015-20 trucks have some videos about repair for the internal circuitry that fails, but not lense replacement. Just find an auto recycler and save yourself tons of money.

OP
OP
W

WTH2021

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, this confirms what I was concerned about. Nothing on the OEM parts site or Ebay indicates that the LED assembly for the driving lights is integral to the assembly and non-servicable. Just seems very poorly planned.

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buy a light off EBay and install your self. Probably only cost about $250-$300
The passenger mirror cracked (inside) and was drooping / had to be replaced on my 2021 Yukon Denali. The auto-shop said it would be $1000 and 6 mon wait so I bought one on ebay for $350 which arrived in a week and the auto-shop installed it for $119.

This turned out to be a good decision - the ebay vendor said it was OEM and looks and works like it is including cameras and blind-spot detection and folding - the whole set of features.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts