Tail light junction box - upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My passenger side tail light, brake light and reverse light aren't working. What I've found so far is that it seems to be caused by the junction box for the rear tail lights because I've got at least one broken wire there and possibly others that need to be repaired. Some looks like could have gotten melted from touching the exhaust pipe. I'm sure anyone that has looked at this before knows that this isn't a good place for it. Does anyone know if there are upgrades for the box? Has anyone ever moved it to another location?

OP
OP
Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Jobi-Wan Kenobi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if these junction blocks have a tendency to fail? I had mine pulled out and was checking continuity across pins and things seemed to check out ok. There was a bit of corrosion on a couple pins though and the previous owner had filled all the connector cavities with dielectric grease so they definitely tried fixing something bit not really sure what. I got it cleaned up and trying to check power coming out for one the brake lights and doesn't seem like power is coming out. So I'm suspicious that the junction block is bad.

Attachments

• 20230703_114747.jpg
    20230703_114747.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 4

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking those junction boxes are available for cheap on part-outs. I don't know what the cross compatibility would be for those pieces, but you could find a 2003 Tahoe part out and grab the box from it. Others may be able to talk about other compatibility.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz