Tahoe suffered a thermal event . . .

What to do

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
IRQVET

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
Mechanic checked in and said the rest of the engine looks good. No sludge in the oil, everything looked pretty clean. I guess running full synthetic oil and changing it every 3,000 miles paid off.

IMG_7102.JPG IMG_7103.JPG IMG_7104.JPG IMG_7105.JPG

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outstanding!!!! Glad to hear it! Keep us informed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

schaffer05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You hate debt and don't want a car payment, which is understandable. But instead of putting the money on a credit card with interest rates in the high teens or even 20%, why not get a loan and use the Tahoe as collateral? Then you're looking at 5-7% and you can pay that debt off as fast as possible, giving the banks as little $$ as possible. Just my 2 cents on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
IRQVET

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
You hate debt and don't want a car payment, which is understandable. But instead of putting the money on a credit card with interest rates in the high teens or even 20%, why not get a loan and use the Tahoe as collateral? Then you're looking at 5-7% and you can pay that debt off as fast as possible, giving the banks as little $$ as possible. Just my 2 cents on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The head gasket and head replacement I can cover with cash. If I went the $4,000 crate engine route, that would have been a different story. Luckily I have excellent credit, so if I had to go that route it'd only be at 8.9% interest. Like I said, I hate debt but it was beat into my head how important keeping your credit score up was (thanks mom) ;)

OP
OP
IRQVET

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
Like I said, with a cracked block, my options were limited. A new Goodwrech Vortec 350 from jeg's with 36 month/100,000 factory warranty for $2,094 w/ free shipping isn't to horrible. Getting a new radiator and water pump as well. All in with labor I should be into it $3,500 +/-

I'm having the engine painted in Hanger Orange as well, lol.

Last edited:

mtl111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats a great price on the crate engine and Chevy Orange paint is the best engine color. Post some pics when she's done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BWASTEEZE