Tahoe Lack of Power Stumbles on Acceleration when Cold..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

stikky_p

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick question... How long is it supposed to take for a Engine light to come on when you disconnect your MAF sensor? I disconnected my harness to see if it would make a difference and it didn't. Nor did the engine light come on. I took it around the block and on the hiway but no light.. turned it off and back on and still no engine light...????

Johnnyd8586

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi i was wondering if you ever found the source of your loss of power and hesitation problem from a stop???? Mine happens when i go to take off from a dead stop and when i give it gas it almost seems like the vehicle is off. Like it just dont go but once i letbout after a block or so itll take off and it has no problem accelerating otherwise. I did all the stuff you did as well besides plug wires. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

misspooh

Reaction score
Hey all,

People with this problem get pissed when they find out what it is.

First thing you need to do is take a 10mm socket on a couple of extensions and loosen the retaining bolt on the crank position sensor and remove the sensor with a slight tug.

next inspect the sensor, if there is any damage, scratches, marks, ect. REPLACE!

Lastley after replacing your check engine lights will be off and power will return.

Please listen I know this will help.

If it's not this, then????????

I have a post you can find that explains the whole entire issue. Having random issues and codes is caused by a faulted crank position sensor.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA