Switched power under hood fuse panel 04 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP didn't follow up, and I'm sure they got it installed, but this is the same thing I got. The picture pretty much shows what it is. Its a short pigtail/harness about 5 inches long that plugs in between the alternator plug and the factory wiring plug. There is a singe wire (about 5ft) that comes off of it that needs to be wired into an accessory/switched power source. (I haven't seen this before on an alt, but just like an amplifier has a remote wire).

When I first installed this I didn't realize this before hand. I ran the wire along the main harness to the fuse panel, and had an add-a-circuit on hand I just put on a switched fuse. It worked fine. Eventually to clean it up, you can add a connector to it (I want to say GM metra 280, but you should look for yourself. You can get a pack of 15 or 25 off amazon for less than $10). Use a multimeter and find an empty circuit that has no power but then has 12v when you turn the key to ON. You should be able to find a spot where you can even put it on the other side/next to it if you wanted to fuse it. My Haynes manual will tell you what circuits are powered and which ones are switched.

You could always wire it into a switched opening under the dash if you wanted too on your MBEC, but IMO I would rather leave that open, and wire this in the engine bay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65