Switched power under hood fuse panel 04 yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy629

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I purchased a 250 amp mechman alternator. It has a pigtail and I need a switched power source. I’d like it to be under the hood anyone know of one in the umderhood fuse panel?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there are a bunch of them, what is the intended purpose? what is going to be the amp draw?

OP
OP
J

Jimmy629

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
there are a bunch of them, what is the intended purpose? what is going to be the amp draw?

I am not sure the amp draw the diagram from mechman doesn’t say. I’m thinking it’s more of just a signal so my battery and charging lights don’t come one the dash. Right now I have it running to one of the top 10 amp fuses under the dash on the drivers side. But I’d rather just run it to the under hood fuse panel

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what does this pigtail look like what is it attached to? I have a 300amp installed there is no additional wiring or signal needed for mine, picture?

OP
OP
J

Jimmy629

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
what does this pigtail look like what is it attached to? I have a 300amp installed there is no additional wiring or signal needed for mine, picture?
Give me a few I called mechman and asked about amp draw and he said very minimal it’s mostly a signal wire. Then I proceeded to tell him how I can hear a very faint noise. To which he had me run some test and now my $400 alternator is headed back to mechman to get fixed.

OP
OP
J

Jimmy629

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I haven’t posted pics in a forum in forever bro. And I can’t seem to figure it out. But literally it’s a small plug that fits into their alt and into my factory harness with a long blue we’re for a switched power.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The owner's manual for my '04 Hoe has a great diagram of the underhood fusebox, along with all the fuse descriptions. Might start with your manual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094