Sway Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this subject is kinda asked a bunch, however there's really not a straight answer. I am shopping for better front and rear sway bars. I am keeping my Z55 suspension stock, and it's all going to be brand new next week. While I have the suspension apart, I want to replace the sway bars. I don't want to spend $600 on them, and I don't want to go eibach because the bars are the same size as stock so I don't see the point in that. I'm leaning towards DJM bars, but they don't come with end links. If you have a better sway bar, shouldn't the end links be upgraded? I'm also considering the PPV sway bars. Any opinions welcome .

Lightning 95

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not the PPV bars? They are really stiff, and work great. They would be cheap from the bone yard.

Jibee

Reaction score
I have has great luck with Hellwig bars in the past. However on my Denali, I went with Hotchkis Front and Rear Swaybars. Around $550 but was completely worth it in my opinion. No regrets whatsoever.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put hellwigs front and rear on my old nbs and this nnbs, no complaints, I think I slide in my seat more than this thing sways, lol

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hotchkis F&R.. very flat cornering.

Features: Lightweight durable 1.50 in tubular steel front sway bar Lightweight durable 1.25 in tubular steel rear sway bar 25% front and 70% rear stiffer than stock Rear end-links feature precision TIG-welded construction with easy to lubricate polyurethane bushings. Front are upgraded original style end links. Premium mounting hardware including upgraded brackets greasable polyurethane bushings heavy duty bolts and washers. Gloss black powder coat finish. Benefits: Improves stability and safety especially when loaded or during towing maintains excellent ride quality Improve turning response.

TC

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ended up getting eibach bars after all, I found they do make a 1.5" front bar and the 1.25" rear bar. Going to install them today, as well as replace every suspension compoment it has. I think I'll start a thread in the under construction thread and post pics of the operation. I can't wait to see how the new sway bars work on this beast.

OP
OP
mikeyss

mikeyss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pile of new parts we put on today, a few more pics to follow tomorrow. It's been a long day, but wow is what I think so far of the new sway bars!

IMG_20180324_122257.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157