Sway Bars- Hotchkis, addco, hellwig, eibach???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8bud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I ordered a set of hotchkis sway bars for my 2" lowered '03 Tahoe two months ago and just got an email saying they were backordered for another two months...........Really? So I would like some opinions on which sway bars handle better. If the hotchkis setup is better than the others I'll wait, but since they are like $200 more than the other companies and I'd be waiting 4 months for them minimum I'd like some input from you guys to see if I should just get a different set that are in stock. Thanks in advance guys.

OP
OP

8bud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nobody has done aftermarket sway bars on here???? I read the sticky about the eibachs. Nobody else has any input?

pmexpert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've installed DJM sway bars, so really happy about that. If you compare eibach, djm, hotchkis etc, you'll find that all of them are almost the same. Front is 30%harder than stock one and rear almost 70%(as it is made of solid metal not OEM pipe)

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
Ive ran Hellwig on my 03 Denali and my 07 Tahoe. VERY pleased with them.

OP
OP

8bud

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Seems like they are all pretty good and seeing as the hotchkis bars are like $200 more and their rear bar is hollow, I think I'll talk to norcalss and see what he thinks. Thanks guys.

robb.

Reaction score
been runnin eibach on my Hoe since 04,
i think they are all pretty much the same.....a far as doin what they are inteded for.

Cobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been eyeing that kit myself. However I think the hotchkis and Hellwig are thicker. I could be wrong but does anyone know for sure? On a bigger SUV would we benefit from a more sturdy thicker bar or is all the same?

Really? you have to ask? of coarse a bigger sway will lead to better handling.
The rear of our SUV's tend to rock side to side, and that gives you more lean in the corners. BUT, what you gain in one area you will lose in another (ride quality) So you have to decide what you want. A firmer ride and better handling or a bit softer more manageable ride? Most of the AWD Denalis will benefit from a larger rear sway bar and leaving the stock one alone. It give's them a little more oversteer and less plow and be more fun to drive in the snow and other wet stuff. in other words, it will make it more tail happy instead of pulling it's self straight. (for those that like to not drive in a straight line) So again, spend more $$ and buy the Hellwig. IMHO

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts