Suspension Squeak/Chirp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pshrop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a squeak/chirp in my 2013 Yukon Denali that comes out every fall when the weather gets a little cooler and stays until the hot TX sun comes back out in the spring. It's loudest when I first start my car, but usually goes away after driving for a few minutes. It has a metal-on-metal, or maybe a fingernails on chalkboard sound to it. My shop last year said they found a spot on the underside where something finger-like was rubbing/tickling the frame. They were able to bend those finger-like things and the sound went away. However, when I went back this year, they don't remember telling me that and can't find that spot. I think it's coming from the front of the car, but not sure.

Has anyone experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions??? It's hard for me to take it somewhere because the car has warmed up by the time I get there and it's difficult to replicate. At that point, it become a needle in a haystack exercise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick