Suspension noise on 2015 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Markp2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am taking the car in next week but I wondered if anyone has had this problem.

The front left suspension makes a thunk sound over bumps. It is easiest to hear at low speeds or rolling over uneven pavement at low speeds where the car kind of wobbles. Or another way to hear it is to pull out of a driveway or parking lot ramp onto a street. Once on the road normal road bumps don't cause the noise.

Thanks

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the exhaust bolts. Mine were loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave111

Reaction score
i had same issue too it mostly comes when you go over a speed bump , i got it checked with the dealer, they said u will need to change the frond left shock absorber due to leakage

OP
OP
Markp2015

Markp2015

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My dealer has the car and reported that the front strut (or is it a shock up front?) is making noise and needs to be replaced. The parts arrive tomorrow. They indicated that the replacement strut has a new part number suggesting a slightly newer/upgraded strut has been issued so maybe the original shocks are flawed.

VICDBOSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer has the car and reported that the front strut (or is it a shock up front?) is making noise and needs to be replaced. The parts arrive tomorrow. They indicated that the replacement strut has a new part number suggesting a slightly newer/upgraded strut has been issued so maybe the original shocks are flawed.

Glad they were able to find the noise. What's the build date on your car?

Rpav

Reaction score
same here on 15 tahoe ltz! they installed a new shock and its starting to do it again slowly wtf?

Renegade81

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Markp2015 - Were you ever able to find the issue with the Front left suspension making the thump noise over speed bumps. I have a 2015 LTZ that has similar issue and the dealer is not able to find the fix. Thanks

TimeSeeker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
@Markp2015 - Were you ever able to find the issue with the Front left suspension making the thump noise over speed bumps. I have a 2015 LTZ that has similar issue and the dealer is not able to find the fix. Thanks
I had the same issue on my 15 Denali. Dealer replaced the strut (under warranty/no charge) and the sound went away. Now I had the 'thunk' sound when driving at slower speeds as I hit bumps, but, going slow over speed bumps made a loud creaky noise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157