suspension lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe803

Reaction score
Wanting to lift my 07 LT. Just wondering if the front suspension on the tahoes is indentical to the silverados? I was thinking I could order the rough country 6 inch for the silverados and out it on my tahoe and then just order a separate spacer for the rear. And if that cannot work I'm thinking about the. 3.5 rc kit. But I was also wondering if I could add the bilstein shocks to that kit to give me around 5 inches? That may be a bad idea but just want to check. My plan is to run 35s. Thanks for any info!

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the front yes, in the rear no.

OP
OP
Tahoe803

Tahoe803

Reaction score
Okay cool, the cheapest 6 inch for the tahoe I can find is made by ZONE for about $1800. So I could order the 6 inch RCX for the 07-13 for $999 and it will all bolt up to my tahoe? Just wanting to make sure before I order. Also, any idea what I should do for the rear?

OP
OP
Tahoe803

Tahoe803

Reaction score
^^ thanks for all the great info! But I'm not looking to spend that much and also mine is 4wd. I'm liking the idea of getting the RC 6 inch because I can get it for 800 shipped. If it can work that's what i'll buy. I just need to figure out how I will lift the rear....?

adamrig17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 ltz I want to lift and I will like to put 35" tires I was looking at the 3.5rc lift

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I don't think you should buy the cheapest lift you can find...
Ya get what ya pay for..

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay maybe I'm out of my playground but IMO RCX makes a decent lift for the money at least For OBS it is the most common lift also has the fewest complaints to my knowledge . I do believe in the above comment you get what you pay for , However if you plan on just lifting it and not doing any major offloading then RCX would be fine , This is where I see an issue with cheaper lifts . on newer platform vehicles what worked on the last platform might fail terribly on the next and so forth . RCX has a good rep for great price and a quality lift , this has been tested on OBS models and has succeeded so where ever they cut corners to produce a lift cheaper then other manufactures it obviously didn't matter as their lifts have been tested with time and held up . IMHO with this platform still in its early stages of aftermarket modifications cheaper is not always better . If it were me and I would go with a "better" brand (this can be argued to death) . I personally went with Superlift (mines OBS )

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
I'm just speaking from my experiencing with my first car these Tahoes.

And with tires and now two separate lowering kits.

You get what you pay for.

I do believe in what you said however donyukon because there are good deals out there but a lift kit is not somewhere I'd risk a "deal"

wbreaux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With a rough country 3 inch you could also do a 2 inch body and run 35s with some triminghttp://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/forum/images/smilies/superhack.gif

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 PM ----------

With a rough country 3 inch you could also do a 2 inch body and run 35s with some triming:superhack:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belveman