Supercharger or turbocharger

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You asked me if I was saying I prefer the way a turbo responds, or the way it responds vs a SC in a thread titled SC or Turbo. I seriously doubt I would be compairing it to the way nitrous makes a motor respond in this thread. I am not starting the supercharger vs turbo debate. I prefer a turbo......I like the way when the motor comes under a load is spools the turbo vs having to increase engine rpm to get the added benefit of a SC. I like that with a turbo it is wasted energy vs using the engine to create the power. Look at what alot of the super fast cars are going to and vehicles designed to tow. Turbo......

Last edited:

Spooner

Reaction score
You asked me if I was saying I prefer the way a turbo responds, or the way it responds vs a SC in a thread titled SC or Turbo. I seriously doubt I would be compairing it to the way nitrous makes a motor respond in this thread. I am not starting the supercharger vs turbo debate. I prefer a turbo......I like the way when the motor comes under a load is spools the turbo vs having to increase engine rpm to get the added benefit of a SC. I like that with a turbo it is wasted energy vs using the engine to create the power. Look at what alot of the super fast cars are going to and vehicles designed to tow. Turbo......

Top fuel funny cars use superchargers, 8000hp.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
You can build a complete turbo kit or supercharger system for around $5k on these truck, less if you buy used. I'm installing a rear mount on a friend's 2500 Sierra and he will have about $2k into everything when we are done: kit, 8.1 injectors, walbro fuel pump, and tune.

skyhighsami

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outlaw 10.5 cars? I went to Texas for TX2K10 and I don't recall one car (other than one of the guys with us had a CTS V) being SCed. There were a couple Turbo/SC Ford GTs but that's it.
Top fuel funny cars use superchargers, 8000hp.

ThwopKing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No one has really asked what he plans to do with the new found power...just looking for a toy?...pulling/towing power?..off road power? Also..The HOE...thats a pretty good size turbo..what other engine mods do you have?