Strange electrical issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I try not to post questions here for the fear of being stoned to death like you get on other forums lol. The first issue is the rear video button on the CUE screen doesn't do anything. You can tap it 100 times will not open the menu to select where it's playing media from. I tried SD card USB thumb drives the RCAs even the a DVD. The DVD plays on the main screen but not the fold down. Nothing played from the 2 drives. If I plug the thumb drive into a front USB it will play on the front screen no issues. The LED lights work on the rear screen when you open the doors. I checked ALL the USBs in the truck they work fine. 12Volt outlets work even the 120Volt outlet works. I found a fuse that's labeled rear seat entertainment but it's for the headrest monitors. I checked the left and right fuse panels for something that would say radio or CUE system but didn't find anything. Disconnected the negative battery terminal to see if that would work but it didn't. I even removed the HMI and reinstalled it. Anyone have any ideas?
The second issue is I would remote start my truck and it would only run for a minute then shut down and you couldn't restart it form the remote. Go into the truck and push the start button it turns over fine but I get a flashing check engine light. The truck goes into a limp mode and won't let you go over 30 mph with out it shaking. After 2 minutes of driving like that the light goes off and it drives like nothing's wrong. It's happened twice to me now in the last 2 weeks. It also came on the other night when I got on it to pass someone the light started flashing then went off when I took my foot off the peddle. The truck also didn't go into AFM mode since this started. No trouble codes were thrown I even have OnStar diagnostic and all they came up with was a generic fault. When I disconnected the battery to try to reset the CUE system ittook care of throttle response issue and the AFM issue.
Mods to the truck are Volant CAI. Borla cat back sport system. HMI unlocked Apple TV 4th gen with the HDMI mod. Not sure if any of them have anything to do with this.

OP
OP
TechSupport

TechSupport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So just got back from the dealership turns out I had 2 bad spark plug wires.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick