Strange Clicking Noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denalixl13

Reaction score
The other day I was driving my 06' Denali, and I was at a stop light, when i felt 2 kicks, like my engine was stalling, and it kept doing it whenever I was stopped. Every few seconds it has this weird kicking feeling. So I lifted the hood, and when it happens, there's a very loud clicking sound coming from the alternator side of the engine.

I just changed my spark plugs and both belts, and before that this was not happening.

Has anyone ever had this problem before? Any ideas on what it could be? Please help!

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a spark plug wire is not tight on one of the plugs. The clicking you are hearing is probably the spark arcing from the wire boot to the plug.

OP
OP
D

Denalixl13

Reaction score
So what should I do? Take the plastic engine cover off and see if I can tighten the wire?

Splatmaster527

Full Access Member
Reaction score
push all the boots that go over the plugs onto the plugs nice and tight

and you may want to check that your belt didnt fray prematurely because depending on the sound it could be something on the belt hitting something

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny