Stock fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a few months ago, I bought some cheap OEM fog light reproductions.
They went on fine, but the driver side light doesn't line up properly:
20170605_205945.jpg
Yes, I did fix the air dam, I finally noticed that it wasn't clipped in place.
After fixing the air-dam, it still doesn't line up.

It is screwed in all the way.
Is the only way to fix this replacing it, or trying to move the bracket from the factory lights?
Strangely enough, this light doesn't bounce going over bumps, the the passenger one does.

20170610_183544.jpg

MrBalll

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try and figure out where the dip is. Is there a spacer between the bolt and the mount making one side sit higher?
Is the plastic bent itself and the mounting properly aligned?
I want to say there is a broken piece of plastic somewhere in the mount because of how far down it sags.

Hopefully you can do a simple mod and not have to buy a whole new light, not that they are expensive.
Maybe you can just put a few washers on the left side to make it lift higher and look aligned. Would be a cheap fix if you don't want a new one. But first try to find where the fault is on the light itself.

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Send it back? These stock fogs are useless IMO. Even with new ones I don't even see any difference. Time for an upgrade.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how did you do the swap from halogen to led if you dont mind me asking.

OP
OP
W8TVI

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind with those LEDs, is that it makes the fog lights useless as fog lights.

It makes the foreground so bright, it over powers the low beams.

cdunn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I currently do not have fog light but I am interested in getting some. I have a fuse for a fog light , not sure where it goes , and a plugger 2 wire connector behind grill on drivers side is this the fog light wire?

Merc1973

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind with those LEDs, is that it makes the fog lights useless as fog lights.

It makes the foreground so bright, it over powers the low beams.

I also see they have a built in fan. I would worry about the fan getting wet, or ice up in the winter especially due to their location low and open to the elements.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk