Steering Wheel Trim Writeup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NC_John

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over 2 months after my last post in this thread I am pleased to announce that I finally made it past step #1 and have now completed this mod. Thanks for the writeup and help this thread provided.

I haven't done mine yet but need to- the original covers are peeling (I know, I know- shocking). What was the answer to your question- is the allen key just used to push and release a clip or is there an allen screw in there?

OP
OP
Ben

Ben

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry for the SUPER late reply! All the allen key does in step one is release a pressure clip. No turning involved. It's not the easiest task either.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey sorry for the SUPER late reply! All the allen key does in step one is release a pressure clip. No turning involved. It's not the easiest task either.

Tell me about it. Just tried it. Felt like 10 minutes of poking around in the dark. Always getting the wrong hole. Not hitting the hole quiet right. Then bam, done.

story of my life...

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i cannot get my air bag out!

:laughing1:

just keep poking the hole. seriously. Took me like 10 minutes and I had an extra wheel to look at to see what i was kinda poking...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmiller727

Latest posts