Steering wheel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

norcalpilot

Reaction score
I'd like to swap my 97' rectangle wheel for the square 99' version. Mines in good shape I just like the look better. Can anyone recommend a place to buy one? Is it swappable?

Thanks

Skeletoy

Reaction score
I'd like to know this as well. I need a new steering wheel for my '94. I like the NBS ones. I don't have airbags so that may be an issue. Also column trim line-up, switches, spline count/depth, etc.

JcKinney

Reaction score
I don't see why you couldn't. I took my stock wheel out of my '95 and put in an aftermarket one. I just don't know how the airbags plug in between the years on your '97-'99. I would think they're the same, but don't quote me. As far as getting the wheel, check a junkyard or ebay maybe.

Last edited:
OP
OP
norcalpilot

norcalpilot

Reaction score
Thanks!!

Found a new direct replacement for mine new leather and all just the wrong shape. Looking for the square hub one

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I wanna swap mine with N aftermarket 1 but not yet n i don have airbags so nonproblem 4 me. How long does it take to swap them?

JcKinney

Reaction score
I wanna swap mine with N aftermarket 1 but not yet n i don have airbags so nonproblem 4 me. How long does it take to swap them?

Just a few minutes with a puller. I swapped the wheel in my '94 Blazer alot, The aftermarkets install easily with the adapters.

This is the wheel I took from my '94 and is now in my '95:
2011-07-29203649.jpg

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Norcal this wheel? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item45fd983bdb