Stabilitrak and Traction Lights When Hot Outside

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitchell Ruiz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know this question has been asked a million times, and there are also about a million different things that can cause the Stabilitrak and Traction lights to come on. I'm hoping someone has had luck figuring it out in my instance.

So, the lights ONLY come on when it is REALLY hot outside (usually 88 degrees and higher) and it'll turn off at night when it cools off. The truck also has to physically move forward WHILE it's hot for the "Stabilitrak" and "Traction" lights to turn on. I can turn it on when it's hot and it'll be fine until the truck actually moves forward (even if it's in gear and not moving the lights don't come on)

I can start it in 100 degree weather and it'll be fine (as long as the lights shut off the night before), but once it starts moving (even an inch) the lights come right on.

I was hoping someone could give me some insight before I take it into the dealer and pay the $120 diagnostic fee.

Artur

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey, I'm experiencing the same issue.
Did you ever figure it out whatever was cosing it.
It drives me crazy I search everything and can't figure it out. Thsnks

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
hey, I'm experiencing the same issue.
Did you ever figure it out whatever was cosing it.
It drives me crazy I search everything and can't figure it out. Thsnks

My best guess would be wheel speed sensor related since it only illuminates when the truck is moving, it soinds like it is not receiving the speed signal that it is expecting from one of the sensors.

Kodiak Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to bring this back. Does anyone have an answer to this problem. It’s happening on my Silverado. Thanks.