SS Bumper ?'s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LOUDHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at SS bumpers and have noticed that most of them are skins that stick on with double sided tape, does anyone have a real bumper or is yours a stic on skin?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The SS bumpers you see on our trucks are bumper covers, they fit over the bumpers. You remove the lower part of the bumper valence and install the cover over your stock bumper. It fits really tight :)

B

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless youre me in which case they removed the factory front bumper. its bolted on tight. a lot of these tahoes have a nasty gap when they put the ss cover on. its hard to get them to line up just right. the guys that did mine removed the factory bumper, almost cut the ss cover in half to get it to mount right, then had to fiberglass it back together. it looks good though and theres no real gap to speak of.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless youre me in which case they removed the factory front bumper. its bolted on tight. a lot of these tahoes have a nasty gap when they put the ss cover on. its hard to get them to line up just right. the guys that did mine removed the factory bumper, almost cut the ss cover in half to get it to mount right, then had to fiberglass it back together. it looks good though and theres no real gap to speak of.

Yup, that gap is on almost every single NBS Tahoe - it can be fixed by using some large washers and moving it up a little on each side to bring it closer to the grill/fender and level it out.

B

thehoe92

fo sho
Reaction score
I would love to see pictures.. :)
I've seen JK's but not really any others

Narco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
****** Iphone pics and bad lighting but here you go:

6f730049.jpg
4f7c0f72.jpg
01e8bc52.jpg
07eee12a.jpg

laydout97

05'Tahoe
Reaction score
Ok so I have noticed something about the ss bumpers. In the pics above there is a "long line that dips" in the center of the bumper. This guys bumper doesn't have it. Whats the difference?
picture-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019