Spooky. My super slow truck build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TheWarBeast

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I can't do much with my hand after the surgery and I needed to clean some parts....

OP
OP
TheWarBeast

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got out last night when it was cooler and worked on the engine till about 1am. With doctors restrictions on my hand it was a bit hard to do my myself. Got the rockers, pushrods, and timing chain on. No adjustments yet.
rqrXaJZ.jpg
I flipped it over and installed the oil pump
L7tiEkK.jpg

Then I needed the accessory drive off the old engine.
EYULA0g.jpg
Black is beautiful
Ql0bSmA.jpg
Painted the Exhaust
5j7EJDH.jpg
ZCtS66g.jpg
Putting the lineless clothes line to use
NMufWgN.jpg

Intake and other parts clean and painted
5mymetK.jpg

Bottom of breather. First coat.
vQ3u6zp.jpg
I painted the distributor hold down orange instead of black because it is always impossible to see when it is all the same color.
ukkYmyK.jpg

When I started to paint the lid it fell into the grass. I hosed it down with oven cleaner to strip it again.
LDLIiSR.jpg

Garagamahal?
jYwbjAH.jpg

OP
OP
TheWarBeast

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like an engine
I wrenched my back trying to rotate the full dressed 350 on the stand. I also had Carpal Tunnel surgery so thing have been slow. Today I hobbled around like the hunchback of Notre Dame. Adjusted valves, and installed timing cover, harmonic balance, intake, and valve covers. The gasket set I bought was the only one in stock and it was opened. They marked it on the receipt, Discovered a missing EGR gasket today. I was hurting so it was time to stop anyhow. Wife ran down to get the gasket.
mgKTcoV.jpg

Spooky
Finally the truck has a name, The wife said the black and orange looked like halloween. You can also barely see where I made the timing marks more visible with white paint. I painted over it with a white paint pen then gently wiped it off so it left paint in the letters. Spooky is barley visable in person.
5a1S11Q.jpg

OP
OP
TheWarBeast

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Moving day.

I hooked the mobile crane to the Falcon and moved the bad engine out. I have taken all the parts off of it that I am going to. Then I moved Spooky (LOL) over to the middle where it is easier to work on. Less clutter in the tent now.

aOS4YtC.jpg

SeCmnr8.jpg
lQqzz8I.jpg
gH1wOmA.jpg
rwBqCMb.jpg

I got a little more done last night. It was late and I was drenched in sweat and I forgot to take any pics.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ahhh yes....I was following this over on the other site, as well :) I hope we see some progress soon. I love when folks work to keep their OBS on the road. :) cool project

OP
OP
TheWarBeast

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fuzzy pics. I was tired and didn't realize they were bad.

Looked in the shop and found a brand new AC compressor I bought for another truck. Put it on. Then flipped her over and installed the oil pan.
IHQhOYp.jpg

Turned it over and slapped on a few more things.
LT3XZpo.jpg

No work on it today. I have to attend a birthday party for a 2 year old. Yippee. Might be out late tonight.

OP
OP
TheWarBeast

TheWarBeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ahhh yes....I was following this over on the other site, as well :) I hope we see some progress soon. I love when folks work to keep their OBS on the road. :) cool project
Right now I am keeping it in tall grass. LOL. Sux I can't even mow the yard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401