Spohn Boxed lower a arm issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Customers truck I did about a year ago 3/5 drop and I installed it and he ended up getting the spohn boxed lower a arms from ebay and had me install them since I only deal with the del sphere version to adjust pinion angle. Truck is 502 rwhp (heads/cam/spray 5.3/yank 3600 converter/4.10 gears)I haven't seen the truck since I lowered it but he ended up coming to the street races they had this morning for the annual New years 7th street shooutout in oakland lol

One of the launches vs my buddies tbss you could just see the rear axle shift and had horrible axle hop he pulled over looked at the djm kit no problems I could see but wasnt sure if a weld on the djm kit broke or what so I told him just take my truck bring it back to me early this morning and ill see whats going on. Had his truck towed back to my house.

Put the truck on the stand everything looked good then I pushed axle forward and everything on the lower a arm moved. Ended up pulling the lower arms off and sure enough saw this on bushings. I ended up putting my del sphere control arms from my truck onto his and put some new bushings in his boxed arms and installed on my truck going to see if I can get them to do the same. I also checked the upper arms and poly panhard bar and they were fine so only affected the lower boxed a arm version.

I don't have the boxed version listed on my web page because I felt the del spheres was a better design, plus the fact you can adjust the del sphere lowers for pinion angle for more bite.

Here are the bushings and seeing what spohn did for the g8 people that had this issue I'll see what they do for this one. I have only sold the del sphere version to people on this board for the lowers but if somone else has the boxed please contact me and if your planning to get the boxed version do not and stick with the del sphere version or wait till we can work out a fix on this

Here are the bushings and this set up messed up the bushings totally but everything else was fine. Upper/panhard bar and djm trailing arm relocators/shock extenders/endlinks all good. I told him to stop spraying a 100 shot out the hole and he wouldn't have these problems lol

Attachments

• 20130101_154733.jpg
    20130101_154733.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
pulled the lowers off tonight and looked like it started to do the same thing again. Customer still has my del spheres on his truck so put the stock arms back on mine for now since he bought the ones that were on my truck.

Pretty much the arms would need harder bushings which im going to put in delrin.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KeyMoSteel