Speed Bump Noises - What to look for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm completely stock in suspension and patiently waiting for something to go bad so I can upgrade without feeling like the mod bug got me. I'm still monitoring and listening but when I go over speed bumps at descent speeds, I can hear something, more like a squeek of some sort. Just curious what I should look to replace so I can pay better attention as I prepare to repair.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just let me know what part to spend on :). Ready to roll, just cant do everything at once so rather focus on what needs to be done.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol @ red rocket

do any of your suspension bushings have zerk fittings? if so, grease them.
however i think your fittings may be the ones that are sealed.
i want to say the sealed bushings are 'supposed' to be good for 100k+, but someone else can prolly elaborate more.

how many miles do you have?

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The quickest fix is to slow down over the speed bumps

You can also try spraying some WD40 over the bushings in the back. Do them one at a time to narrow down where it's coming from. It's possible it could be coming from a shock.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Bushing concerns, if I got that rear sway bar upgrade, that would fix the issue right?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding the Bushing concerns, if I got that rear sway bar upgrade, that would fix the issue right?
Rear swaybar will come with new mounting bushings yes but not endlinks or endlink bushings. But endlinks will need to be shorter if you lower it so that needs to be considered also, if you plan on lowering it in the future.

Ciro

Reaction score
I isolated the issue by adding some silicon spray into the rear upper and lower control arm bushings. You just add some silicon one bushing at a time and test it. If the bushings are shot you will experience a reduction on noise and you will know which exactly is the one that you need to replace.

I have the same issue and since My tahoe was due for shocks and the swaybar bushings were bad I believed that was the source of the noise, well it wasn't, I still need to replace the control arm bushings but I have not found a source that can sell me the bushings only. It seems we need to buy a new control arm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas