Speakers for rear pillars in 2005 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
I need to get some new speakers for the rear pillars in my tahoe. What's a good, inexpensive replacement? Are they 3 or 4"?

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I asked the same Q, was told not to put any in the rear....JK's recommendation was separates in front, 6.5 in rear doors and subs in back. That setup guarantees the sound stage? (center of the music I guess) is in the front of the vehicle where the driver is for overall best sound. I dunno, again just regurgitating what was given to me

B

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont know much about "soundstage" but i do know what i like and i actually liked the bullet horn tweeters that i had in mine. i thought it wasnt going to be noticed and it wasnt at first but i did notice that the sound wasnt there when i removed them. also when tailgating or just chilling out the sound is very noticeable coming out of the back of the liftgate/liftwindow. this is just my opinion but if i could figure out how to make mine play again i would definitely put them back in....BTW before someone says something negative about the horns please know that these are not the average horns, they are metallic bullet horns with a 4" tweeter mounted inside. like 2 speakers in 1....these are just my opinions.

OP
OP
road1will

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
i dont know much about "soundstage" but i do know what i like and i actually liked the bullet horn tweeters that i had in mine. i thought it wasnt going to be noticed and it wasnt at first but i did notice that the sound wasnt there when i removed them. also when tailgating or just chilling out the sound is very noticeable coming out of the back of the liftgate/liftwindow. this is just my opinion but if i could figure out how to make mine play again i would definitely put them back in....BTW before someone says something negative about the horns please know that these are not the average horns, they are metallic bullet horns with a 4" tweeter mounted inside. like 2 speakers in 1....these are just my opinions.

I'm not even sure what a horn is I just want a decent basic replacement speaker.

dec322

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you wanting speakers for yourself or for passengers in the rear? Personally I wouldn't worry about putting speakers in the rear pillars. I don't think you will get much sound out of a such a small speaker that sits so far in the back.

I replaced all the speakers in my 95 silverado extended cab. 6.5s in the door and 4x6 in the rear pillar. It was a pain to pull all of the panels off (broke some clips) and was not worth all the work. The speakers are hardly more noticeable than the stock speakers. It was $75 and alot of frustration for little return.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
Rear fill is pointless in these trucks, I'm running components with 100w on each along with a single 12" sub with 1000w. Sounds great, **** the people sitting in the back when it's this loud everyone can hear.

lilsolo68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
true enough its hardly noticeable when you upgrade the rest of the speakers but from my personal experience even after i upgraded the system i still wanted the rear pillars for rear fill. i mean they are there for a reason. for my lifestyle they were useful and im trying to get them to work again as we speak......heres a link to some speakers similar to the ones i was using......

http://www.allaudioexpo.com/nav/details.asp?itemid=243&catid=121

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyguy88