Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First things first, passenger seat coming out.

20210413_171829 (1).jpg

Next, took out the drivers side rear seat. Been here already when I ran wiring for the trainhorns.
20210413_175851.jpg

Reason for taking those seats out was to run the 8ga power wire, 16ga remote wire, and RCA cables all under the carpet.

One day on the SnapOn tool truck, I had an impulse buy......at 36" ratcheting screwdriver. Used it once for a screwdriver, I've used it about 5 other times for something totally not normal. Today was one of those times, as I used it to snake my wires under the carpet. That's $75 I'll never get back, might as well use it.....
20210413_180101.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another impulse buy, one of those 3ft long grabbers. This one has a LED light on the end, that's what sold me. :p Today I used it to fetch the RCA and remote wires from off the carpet under the console.

20210413_185804.jpg

Amp mounted up, it's between both rear seat frames. I sliced the carpet and insulation and pulled just enough wiring to have a clean install. The 8ga ground is on the seat chassis, I had to hit that surface with a grinder since something was spilled all over the carpet back there. Really not sure what that was or how long ago......o_O

20210413_192951.jpg

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fired it up, I must say.......this combo, that 10" hits hard. I am by no means trying to be a bass head, I am way too old for that stuff now. I really just wanted to supplement these 6.5" coaxial Kickers I put in all 4 doors, since they are also amplified 50 watts each. It has been a really great sounding stereo, just needed a little bass to round it out. I turned the gain up to about 40%, played one track.....and immediately decided to turn the stereo off and tune the amp elsewhere (not in my neighborhood tomorrow). It was hitting pretty hard. :cool: And I don't want to piss off my neighbors.

Mark this as another success, stereo is now complete. :biggun:

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First things first, passenger seat coming out.

View attachment 276293

Next, took out the drivers side rear seat. Been here already when I ran wiring for the trainhorns.
View attachment 276294

Reason for taking those seats out was to run the 8ga power wire, 16ga remote wire, and RCA cables all under the carpet.

One day on the SnapOn tool truck, I had an impulse buy......at 36" ratcheting screwdriver. Used it once for a screwdriver, I've used it about 5 other times for something totally not normal. Today was one of those times, as I used it to snake my wires under the carpet. That's $75 I'll never get back, might as well use it.....
View attachment 276295

ChunkePPV

Reaction score
Really love this forum!! I am new to the PPV world about to pick up 2014 with 3700 engine hours on it! I had a quick question about tires. I am going to be trying your exact first setup with the belltech lowering kit PN#BEL-737SP which is the same as the one you had except for the different year model. I like the way the 265/70's looked and I like the way the 255/65's look as well, but which rode better and would you recommend?
Grabbed a couple more of the shitbox. Used the polarizer this time, makes a huge difference. Also put in a little makeup and fixed my scars up front.

View attachment 268789
View attachment 268790
View attachment 268791

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really love this forum!! I am new to the PPV world about to pick up 2014 with 3700 engine hours on it! I had a quick question about tires. I am going to be trying your exact first setup with the belltech lowering kit PN#BEL-737SP which is the same as the one you had except for the different year model. I like the way the 265/70's looked and I like the way the 255/65's look as well, but which rode better and would you recommend?
Welcome to the forum!

The difference between the Conti and the Michelin is subtle, but there was a trade-off between a few characteristics. I loved the Conti, but they lasted about 30k miles. I honestly could have taken them legally to 35k, or maybe a little further. I wanted a reputable mileage tire, so I went with the Michelins this time. What I lost was a little bit of watershed on the roadway, and picked up some road noise on smoother pavement with the Michelins. Both are negative trade-off's that I'm ok with, they are minimal. I'm happy with the tire overall, and have clicked a bunch of miles on them and they still look new!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Friendy