Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice work.
You're just doing just the border not the steps with the liner right ?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work.
You're just doing just the border not the steps with the liner right ?
Doing 100% of the running boards. I know it'll be slick, but no different in the way I've been keeping them (covered in ArmorAll, so they look good). I don't use them anyways, but sometimes passengers with me use them. I'll just have to stay on top of my warnings. :)

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Doing 100% of the running boards. I know it'll be slick, but no different in the way I've been keeping them (covered in ArmorAll, so they look good). I don't use them anyways, but sometimes passengers with me use them. I'll just have to stay on top of my warnings. :)
Haha good point.
Waiting on install, even tho imo looks better without boards :shrug:
And you have 22s?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't think they would be slick. Using bed liner coatings, they should have a rubbery type of traction to them I would think.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha good point.
Waiting on install, even tho imo looks better without boards :shrug:
And you have 22s?
I dig it too. We'll see how it goes. I sold the 22" Texas Editions, I think I like the black steelies enough to keep them. This is just a DD anyways.
I wouldn't think they would be slick. Using bed liner coatings, they should have a rubbery type of traction to them I would think.
It will dry with a little more texture than it had before, but it will be hard......so slick when wet for sure. At least with this Herculiner, there are surely other types of DIY bed linings that have a softer finish.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I dig it too. We'll see how it goes. I sold the 22" Texas Editions, I think I like the black steelies enough to keep them. This is just a DD anyways.

It will dry with a little more texture than it had before, but it will be hard......so slick when wet for sure. At least with this Herculiner, there are surely other types of DIY bed linings that have a softer finish.
Isn't there some kind of grit in the Bedliner?

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I imagine you could add some grit to the final coat. Kinda like you would when you paint fresh sheetrock. Just add the texture to the paint on the final coat. Which gives me an idea. Why not add strips of skateboard grip tape after primer coat and then bedliner over it. Wouldn't the coating seal it on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
griffey_mojo

Latest posts