Sooooooo, I bought a PPV ...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, my name is Darius im 29, married, 2 yr old little boy and 2 dogs, lol.

If we go to the water, it's normally N. Myrtle Beach. We know folks who have beach houses so we pretty much stay for free.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hahaha, too funny.
Nice, heck I'd be doing the same thing.

I was out and about in Raleigh, but that wasn't me.

Gotcha

I've got to address the suspension and front camber wear, and also get rid of these Goodyear RSAs. Just ordered all new Belltech stuff from @NORCAL SS , going to get the tires ordered Monday.

I'm planning on doing my suspension this coming weekend (during the long weekend)
What did you end up going with, a drop or stick with stock height?
What tires are you looking at?

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing my suspension this coming weekend (during the long weekend)
What did you end up going with, a drop or stick with stock height?
What tires are you looking at?
Tony said it'll be about an inch lower in the front and about 1.5" lower in the back.......that is, lower than the PPV stance. That is about perfect for what I'd want, plus I get the $150 Belltech rebate.

I can't even recall what I discussed with my tire guy, I want to say he could get Continentals but I can't remember. But pretty sure I decided on 70 series, and a highway tire. Once I figure out what I'm going to throw on, I'll update.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tony said it'll be about an inch lower in the front and about 1.5" lower in the back.......that is, lower than the PPV stance. That is about perfect for what I'd want, plus I get the $150 Belltech rebate.

I can't even recall what I discussed with my tire guy, I want to say he could get Continentals but I can't remember. But pretty sure I decided on 70 series, and a highway tire. Once I figure out what I'm going to throw on, I'll update.

Nice, technically it'll be a 3/3.5 because the PPV has a 2/2.
I'm doing a 4/6 give or take. I started with a small drop on my previous Tahoe and ended up with a 4.5/6. Its nice to just fall in haha
I'll have to check out my tires, after my Nitto experience, they didn't last 20k miles and had no warranty. I went with a 60k mile tire with warranty this time. Once I'm dropped I'll get my specs for new wheels and tires.
Oh, I'll be dropping my Tahoe tomorrow as long as it doesn't rain out. Its raining now :( . But, I have tomorrow off also so its a nice long weekend to squeeze it in.

I'm off tomorrow, so I'm pretty excited for a few small parts to throw on.

Brand new GM leather wheel, new clockspring (very noisy after 186k miles), and a DIC switch.

I swear, never thought I would join this forum and post a DIC pic. o_O

View attachment 182198

I'm off tomorrow too haha.
That wheel is nice.
Hahahaha dic pic, that's great

Lookin forward to your updates, especially on how the install goes.

2011SSVHOE

I'm an egual oportunity offender
Reaction score
The wheel I got from eBay for $190 shipped, clockspring was $75 on Amazon, and $20 or so for the switch. Average pricing on everything really.

Hey Darren, I installed the DIC switch in mine, all I did was carefully measure where I thought it should go, and cut the plastic with a hot knife, and glued the switch in with some epoxy gel. the other stuff is too runny and will mess up your switch. I'm too cheap to replace the vent assy with the built in cut out. any how good luck from Kernersville.
also love the train horns

the steering wheel is easy also.

OP
OP
RichardCranium

RichardCranium

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Darren, I installed the DIC switch in mine, all I did was carefully measure where I thought it should go, and cut the plastic with a hot knife, and glued the switch in with some epoxy gel. the other stuff is too runny and will mess up your switch. I'm too cheap to replace the vent assy with the built in cut out. any how good luck from Kernersville.
also love the train horns

the steering wheel is easy also.
I would have picked up the trim piece if I could have found one separate from the whole $140 dash trim. Not quite sure what I'll cut it with yet, but I'll limit my beer intake while I do that. Might hot glue the switch in, we'll see.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice man. Lookin forward to your updates.
You'll be dropped before me :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts