Soon to be New Yukon Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Z

Zooki1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sweet, I lived on the South Side (about Adams & Western) for a few years in the late '60s. Went to Trewyn Jr High and Manual HS, when we had the MidState 9. One of my sisters still lives around there.
I'm not far from there. I actually live in Bartonville but said Peoria for a lot of people don't know when you say Bartonville

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not far from there. I actually live in Bartonville but said Peoria for a lot of people don't know when you say Bartonville

I know right where that is -- just down Adams St. My sister played the piano for some retirement or mental health facility there, on Sundays. We'd always stop at Miracle Mart (?) or Steak 'n Shake on the way home, since they were on that side of the road. I knew the Presley family that had the worm ranch, too. Guess they are https://www.presleysoutdoors.com/ now.

OP
OP
Z

Zooki1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know right where that is -- just down Adams St. My sister played the piano for some retirement or mental health facility there, on Sundays. We'd always stop at Miracle Mart (?) or Steak 'n Shake on the way home, since they were on that side of the road. I knew the Presley family that had the worm ranch, too. Guess they are https://www.presleysoutdoors.com/ now.
I am just down the street from Presleys

jthoske

Reaction score
I bought all my gm accessories from the internet and was happy with everything and saved a bunch of money.

Ended up doing the front and rear black GMC emblems, mudflaps, and rear storage floor and back of 3rd storage carpet protection mats from GM.

I liked the in WeatherTech mats for the first 3 rows better than GM.

chrisbusnut

Reaction score
I purchased the "Premium All Weather Floor Liners" from the GMC Accessories website, and used my GMC Rewards Points. I also purchased the "Integrated Cargo Liner". So far, I've been pretty happy with them. I previously had the non-premium version on my 2022 Tahoe. The cargo liner uses circular dots with adhesive on one side and velcro on the other. On the Tahoe, you stuck one to the back side of the cargo liner and the other to the carpet on the back of the 3rd row seats and the cargo area and then the velcro was supposed to hold them in place. That design didn't work. The adhesive didn't stick to the carpet on the 3rd row seats when they were in the up position, and the cargo tray never stayed securely in place. On the 2024 Yukon that I have now, they seem to have changed the design on the dots, so instead of adhesive that's supposed to stick to carpet, they now use some sort of a hook & loop design that seems to adhere better to the surface of the carpet. So the liner on the back of the 3rd row seats doesn't fall down anymore when the seats are in the up position.

I'm sure that the aftermarket all weather mats are better quality than the GM version, however my preference is OEM.

Also, in case you're considering the cargo shade, I'd recommend against it, unless you have a Yukon XL or Suburban. On the Yukon/Tahoe, if I remember correctly, you have to remove it if you have the 3rd row up, and when it's down, there's a large gap between the front facing part of the cargo shade and the 2nd row seats. Clearly these were designed for the longer wheelbase, and to me don't provide much use since whatever you're storing underneath it is still visible from the front of the vehicle.

My Yukon came with the roof rack cross rails, which I like the look of, and also the cargo net, which I don't really find useful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia