sold the tahoe an bought a raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
08z71tahoe

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They all come with a 6.2 now... i think the 5.4 was only available in 10 & 11... my buddy is the sales manager at planet ford, he took care of me since i have been busting his balls for 6 months trying to get a good deal on a raptor... got it at the dealers invoice price so like 5,500 under sticker... Raptors usually go for 3-5k over sticker so invoice is good for me... btw, got 22,5 on the trade...

Evildude!

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the 2wd Tahoe that i loved for 5 1/2 years is gone an has been replaced w/ a 2013 raptor... that is all...

thanks for all the help over the last couple of years guys...
So that's it, is this how one quits one brand and moves on?:hmmm2:

OP
OP
08z71tahoe

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear you... my problems were that i don't like the new gm/chevy body style... i haven't seen the new Tahoe body style yet, but our trucks are gonna have a large drop in value when the new body style comes out... probably 20-30%...

and i failed to mention that no other automaker makes anything that comes close to the RAPTOR... my raptor is at the dealer right now getting some crap done to it an they gave me a 13 king ranch 4x4 eco v6... its a 55k truck an is no where near as nice as my RAPTOR...

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing is sick! I first feel in love with the Raptor when I seen it on Fast N Loud. Good luck with it!

BanditHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Sweet.

But seeing that makes me sad that GM doesn't make anything like it. In fact, never really has made anything like it.

Except maybe the H2, and we got reamed for that. And that was BS.

ZR2 S10 and Blazer were very very similar to the Raptor. Different frame (3" wider stance, fully boxed), 8.5 rear diff (regular dimes at 7.624), Eaton rear limited slip, 1.5" taller (lift), ZR2 specific torsion bars, 31" tires (regular dimes were about 28"), Bilsteins on four corners, Zr2 specific fenders and bedsides, ZR2 specific wheel flares, full aluminum skid plates (95-98, carbon material from 98-04). GM built those for 10 years. In the early years they also had a highoutput 4.3 (195 HP with the CPI injection), later years they just shared a engine with the regular dimes.

I have a GM promotional poster hanging on my wall at home with a 94 Regular Cab ZR2 2ft in the air.

So to answer your question, GM did make a very similar truck at one time and was very successful with a huge following.

That said, I love the new Raptors.

Last edited:
OP
OP
08z71tahoe

08z71tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ZR2 S10 and Blazer were very very similar to the Raptor. Different frame (3" wider stance, fully boxed), 8.5 rear diff (regular dimes at 7.624), Eaton rear limited slip, 1.5" taller (lift), ZR2 specific torsion bars, 31" tires (regular dimes were about 28"), Bilsteins on four corners, Zr2 specific fenders and bedsides, ZR2 specific wheel flares, full aluminum skid plates (95-98, carbon material from 98-04). GM built those for 10 years. In teh early years they also had a highoutput 4.3 (195 HP with the CPI injections), later years they just shared a engine with the regular dimes.

I have a GM promotional poster hanging on my wall at home with a 94 Regular Cab ZR2 2ft in the air.

That said, I love the new Raptors.

So to answer your question, GM did make a very similar truck at one time and was very successful.

I remember those trucks... not trying to be rude at all, but those don't even come close to the power an performance of the raptors...

I've have dodges, chevys, jeeps an ford vehicles an none of my past vehicles come close to this truck... but i wont lie... as of now, its still a street queen..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz