SLP Exhaust on 6.2l vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope their mufflers are better than their st-st tips. Put one on my RV and after 2,000 miles is looks like it has rust stains on it. Magnaflow rep told me to just use Mother's billet polish which I tried to no avail. I've had the SLP dual tip on my 2010 Tahoe for several years and it's as shiny as the day I put it on.

OP
OP
Dustin.

Dustin.

Reaction score
Hope their mufflers are better than their st-st tips. Put one on my RV and after 2,000 miles is looks like it has rust stains on it. Magnaflow rep told me to just use Mother's billet polish which I tried to no avail. I've had the SLP dual tip on my 2010 Tahoe for several years and it's as shiny as the day I put it on.

Do you have the same set up as the link? It looks like you might have the 5.3l tho. I'm wondering how much louder it makes it deleting that last muffler

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
there is no real change getting rid of the resonator. I put up pics also of what it looks like inside. Its pretty much straght pipe with one little hole

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the same set up as the link? It looks like you might have the 5.3l tho. I'm wondering how much louder it makes it deleting that last muffler

I have the SLP resonator eliminator. My comment was that the Magnaflow tip I got for my Mercedes RV wasn't very stainless.

Removing the resonator only increased the sound level about 1-2 db at idle. Hardly noticeable. Sound level comparable to a GMT800.

OP
OP
Dustin.

Dustin.

Reaction score
I have the SLP resonator eliminator. My comment was that the Magnaflow tip I got for my Mercedes RV wasn't very stainless.

Removing the resonator only increased the sound level about 1-2 db at idle. Hardly noticeable. Sound level comparable to a GMT800.

Awesome thanks for the response

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coffeeguy