Slow Fueling

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

06LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with slow fueling on my Suburban. I can only get a fast trickle otherwise the pump clicks off.

I just replaced the canister vent valve. The problem seems almost worse now. I'll check all the hoses again. What else should I look at?

OP
OP
06LTZ

06LTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Though my own research, it could possibly be the evap canister itself. Looks like I need to test the vent lines for clogs and check the evap canister as well.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine only does it at certain gas pumps. It'll pump like a buck and a half or 2 bucks at a time and stop. My local shell station just upgraded their gas nozzles recently with the big nozzle that has the rubber boot around it and it sits in at the right angle and fills fine. But when I go to certain other stations it's like the gas nozzle doesn't sit into the top correctly. Its odd.

roycet4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My son's Tahoe clicks off at 3/4 full and then is slow and painful, changes the evap solenoid twice.. this actually started after the fuel pump was replaced due to rotted fuel lines. The local mechanic said the evap solenoid is operating correctly. I was going to try replacing the charcoal canister.. I'd like to get opinions on that though.

Bill

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2005 Tahoe. 143k miles. I have replaced my evap canister at around 60k and 120k miles. Now have the same problem, i.e. slow fueling. So far I have replaced the evap canister and also the charcoal canister, but no improvement. The evap canister is function properly (I can easily blow air through it). When I pulled the charcoal canister out, I ran a nylon fish line about 12"-15" up the hose towards the fuel tank. At this point, I am guessing that there is a check valve (rollover valve?) that is clogged in the top of the fuel tank. Unfortunately, dropping the fuel tank to get to the hose isn't a job I want to do in my garage. I can fuel at a rate of about 1.5 GPM. This clog problem started after fueling up at a local Exxon station....must have gotten some crap in the tank that is causing the clog. If anyone has experienced/solved this problem I would appreciate a reply to this post. Local auto repair rates are pretty high, so I would rather go in telling them what the problem is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greygranny