Side View Mirror Programming

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a new drivers side mirror from 1aauto. Great fit and great quality. I replaced because old one wouldnt fold and was loose from previous owners pushing manually more than needed? The passenger side used to fold in just fine though. Now the passenger won't fold and the drivers will. The driver's side, however, when put into reverse, will start to look down towards the curb like it should, but then starts to move outward as far as it can go. When I put it back into park/drive, it stays, so then I have to use the controls to put it back. I called 1aauto and they send me this:
How to synchronize power folding mirrors:

• Step 1) Set the mirror control switch to the CENTER position
  • Step 2) Use the mirror control switch (press rearward) to automatically cycle the power folding mirrors IN and OUT 4 times.
  • Step 3) When an audible popping sound is heard, the power folding mirror motors are synchronized.
* This procedure must be performed any time the power folding mirrors are manually folded IN or OUT, or if the position of the mirror case has been moved without using the mirror control switch.

* If the power folding mirrors are folded or unfolded continuously (6 to 10 cycles), the power lockout feature will disable the system for 2 minutes to prevent damage to the power fold motors. After 2 minutes have elapsed, normal operation will resume.

I did this, and it never "popped". I can't find anything online about programming this.

Kee Fuller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didnt need to do any of this when i got my mirrors. I added the switches and i was good to go

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I contacted 1aauto about sending a replacement. They said according to my VIN, my 2007 ltz didn't come with memory mirrors or puddle light. Both the one on the passengers side and the old drivers side had puddle. When I push driver 1/2 it changes the angle of both mirrors. They won't return my money or exchange because I ordered the wrong part supposedly and have already installed it... what should I do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent a reply explaining how these features were on the vehicle from the factory. Now, they sent another e-mail telling me that my suburban has the auto-dimming feature, which their's does not. This is why it's not working... Can anyone explain to me why a mirror without auto-dimming, would cause the mirror placement/movement to go haywire? The most frustrating part is the list of excuses and the fact that I cannot get my money back.

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now they have agreed to refund my money. Does anyone have a link to a drivers side mirror with every option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are the ones for my 2009:

Driver = 20843157

Passenger = 20756937

MIRROR O/S LH & RH, REMOTE CONTROL, ELECTRIC, HEATED POWER FOLDING, TURN SIG IND, LT SENSITIVE, COLOR ELEC HEATED O/S MIR(DL3)

Power Operated, Power Folding, Turn Signal Indicator, Heated, Light Sensitive, Puddle Light

OP
OP
RAWVORTEC

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok thank ou. Can anyone tell me why a mirror that doesn't have auto-dimming would be $150, but one WITH auto-dimming is $250+? Is it because they know that people need it to function? Why wouldn't the one without auto-dimming work where one with it used to be?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019