Should I sell my 2007 denali for armada? Would love some advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rosko

Reaction score
Hey all, I've been going back and forth for a while whether I should sell my 2007 denali. The main reason for considering selling is all of the repair costs, and costs I can see coming up in the future for repair.

Current Rig: 2007 Yukon XL Denali
Mileage: 95,600

Situation: I currently work from home and probably put about 8k miles/yr on the vehicle at most. What bugs me is that, it'll sit for a week in my heated/insulated garage, and I'll fire it up and it seems to have some new little issue almost every month. I won't go in to all of the little things I've replaced, but everyone that owns one knows of all the constant maintenance.

What I'm worried about are some big ticket items coming up.

1: Autoride will need replaced soon (more compressor noise than normal and ride sucks lately)
2: valve cover starting to leak
3: After longer trips at higher interstate speeds, when I slow down and get off the interstate I hear a bit of whining coming from either diffs or transfer case/tranny
4: I worry about the oil relief valve and engine issues from what I've read
5: From a dead stop, if I hit the gas harder than normal (not rolling on slow), it almost feels like a slip in the driveline or diff...really odd feeling.

Lately I have been looking at some Nissan Armadas, around the 2010/2012 yr models. They don't seem to have nearly as many problems, however they still have their known issues. The upside is I might be able to get a 5yr newer vehicle with a better track record and half the mileage. The downside to that is I lose some cargo room in the back, and it would probably cost me 5-8k to swap vehicles.

I appreciate any thoughts or advice.

-Jeremy

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
90% of repairs on the Yukon can be fixed with help from us. If it sits in the garage, why spend the money on a newer vehicle that will end up doing the same.

Your issues:
1: you can bypass the autoride very easily if you wish and replace with standard shocks, easy fix and will save you a bundle.
2: Easy, cheap fix
3: How often have you checked / changed fluids. Tranny should be good for at least another 60k. at least.
4: not all have that issue. My 07 hit 150k, no problems thus far
5: mine started doing that around 120k. at 150k 2 years later, still does it, and tranny has not gone out.

I think if you have the itch to get rid of it then there is nothing we can say to sway your mind. But the reality is, you dont drive that much, so why blow 5-8k when all the fixes above will be FAR less than that. Not to mention, it will still hold its value quite well over time.

DirtyBlackHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All I can say is that I went from Chevy to a 2006 Titan at one point because I wanted something different. That truck wasn't a loaded version, but it was so cheap feeling. The seats cushion was coming apart under the cloth (in the back of the seat). You could listerally feel the metal supports in the seat back driving down the road. I loved the performance of the truck but it was a piece of crap in all other categories. It GUZZLED gas and everything else was very bland. Everything on it that needed fixing was extremely expensive to fix. It was a nice truck and was very well taken care of before I got it (service records and such), but I was very disappointed in the things that it had issues with and what it cost money wise.

I would keep Denali or sell it and get something different...I wouldn't be selling it for an Armada tho.

OP
OP
R

Rosko

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback, I am leaning toward keeping it.

I had the tranny fluid flushed earlier this year, and today I'm going to have the front/rear diff and transfer case done.

Flatdale, did you do the autoride bypass? I don't tow anything so I'm guessing I could get away with it, however it does sag a bit even just loading up 4 kids/dog/bikes on hitch, thule on top etc....I think the air shocks level it nicely, wonder if non air would sag more than a standard style yukon that doesn't have autoride?

Timmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it helps your decision any, I work at a Nissan Dealership and I just bought a Tahoe over a used Armada. It's a great vehicle, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. The Armada has been the same body style since 2004 and is about to be redesigned.

OP
OP
R

Rosko

Reaction score
If it helps your decision any, I work at a Nissan Dealership and I just bought a Tahoe over a used Armada. It's a great vehicle, but it's not all it's cracked up to be. The Armada has been the same body style since 2004 and is about to be redesigned.

Thanks, yeah I really like my Yukon XL for space...definitely more roomy and quite a few more features (unless I get the platinum armada).

I really like Nissan drivetrains, they are super solid, but if my Yukon lasts another 50-100k miles I'd be ecstatic too. I reallllly like the 6.2L, I'm never really wanting more power.

My local GM dealer here told me it's pretty common to see the Yukons/Denalis with over 200-230k miles and still running great, but it's usually the ones that have done the regular maint etc...no neglect (obviously).

Deephaven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is about the miles I bought mine at to start modding it into a beast. It was right after 100k miles the supercharger went on. If you drove mine and then the Nissan you'd never, ever think of getting the Nissan. :) I'd say keep it and have some fun.

aflumb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also think about it; in the long run it ill be cheaper to repair the GM. there is so many parts that can be swapped between different models. Plus there will always be more of the parts in the used cat.

This was one of the main reasons i feel i will keep buying GM.

guy from norcal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bro-in law has a 2010 armada.

It's definitely faster than my 07 5.3 and feels a lot more solid than my yukon.

OP
OP
R

Rosko

Reaction score
My bro-in law has a 2010 armada.

It's definitely faster than my 07 5.3 and feels a lot more solid than my yukon.

The armada isn't quite as peppy as my 6.2L :). But it is a really well designed 32v V8....very clean/quiet/smooth. The tranny is very smooth too, but so is my 6spd for the most part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts