shocking advice!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so i need some advice on shocks. i just picked up a set of 2" mccaughy spindles that i'll be installing soon. shut up travieso! so i figure since my truck has just a hair under 300K miles i would change the shocks, yes they are stock. right now all i did was turn my keys down and cut off the bump stop, bracket cup and all. but thats another issue in and of itself.

so what are some good shocks that work well with a 2" drop that are reasonable? i might be bagging the front soon and wont be able to use the same shock so i dont want to spend $500 on a set.

also what would you guys recommend i do to add a bump stop? if i bag it, it wont matter much as it would need to be cut to get it as low as i want it. so maybe a simple temporary solution?

SS HOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a front set of belltech street performance shocks for $80 shipped. They were on my truck for 3 months. I took them off when I put the djm arms on the front and the shock wouldn't bolt up. I loved the way they rode and wouldn't have taken them off if I didn't have to. I bought them from Tony so I am sure you could get the rear from him if you decided to go this route.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
buy ss hoes shocks those are great!!!

OP
OP
W

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a front set of belltech street performance shocks for $80 shipped. They were on my truck for 3 months. I took them off when I put the djm arms on the front and the shock wouldn't bolt up. I loved the way they rode and wouldn't have taken them off if I didn't have to. I bought them from Tony so I am sure you could get the rear from him if you decided to go this route.

Where are you located?

OP
OP
W

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$80 shipped huh? give me till monday to move funds over and i should be able to paypal you, if thats ok?

Travieso

Boooooooost !
Reaction score
i personally have belltech street performance shocks, and love them..
but i also hear that you could go with Bilsteins 2500HD shocks those ride nice also..

OP
OP
W

waxworkz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i personally have belltech street performance shocks, and love them..
but i also hear that you could go with Bilsteins 2500HD shocks those ride nice also..

well shit now i deff dont want them! LOL

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnbri512