Shock Swap 00Yuk and 03Z71 ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeSSer

Reaction score
I have an 00 Yuk SLT with leveling system, the shocks are dead on it. Instead of replacing them with same, I'd like to replace with my shocks from my 03Z71. I'm looking to upgrade to Bilsteins with the Z71 . My wife drives the SLT, she couldn't care less just wants a better ride than the rough one she's getting now.

I've just purchased a set of 22's, looking to drop the Hoe eventually and add some suspension mods a bit at a time so this would be just another step to improving the handling on my ride.

Will the shocks swap in easily? I know my Z71 is much taller, will the shocks be taller or there be any fitment issues? Replacing them(DIY) looks like a pretty easy job from what I can see.

Thanks.

swtz71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe you can swap out the leveling shocks with regular ones, I think there is a compressor you need to disengage. also the Z shocks are I believe a bit taller bur I think they will work...
Not much help am I... sorry..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nyc2011Denali