shock extensions dont fit.... WTF?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
man I hate to see stuff like this happen. Seems like with every mod I do I have to do it twice or more and thats why I stopped. Hopefully the company will make it right for ya. don't seem like there's room to cut/trim anywhere to make this part work.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
no, if they try to put this thing on a drill press and make the hole bigger I will freak out! I will throw these things through a window to get my money back

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's pretty common now-a-days from suspension companies that mass produce stuff. It's common in almost any mass produced part. It sucks, shouldn't be that way, but it is...

Honestly, you'll see that way more than you should with AIM/ChassisTech 'parts'...

Just exchange the part.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
what a ****** state of affairs... I have a feeling this is going to be a pain in my ass process to get this fixed. The crappy part is the shop I bought them from is open the EXACT hours I work. so finding time to get down there will prove to be difficult.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
and Modded you really got me thinking twice about a DJM kit. You seem to have a lot of issues with their stuff. I'm considering the ultimate cornering kit with upper/lower control arms and I haven't seen anyone else even close to what DJM offers. Its all aftermarket so I expect some issues here and there, but you seem to knock everything they make. what's the deal? Should I be looking at something else? Am I going to run into the same thing with their control arms? sorry to jack the thread, but shitz bothering me.

Yes man run in the other direction from their parts. Apart from their drop spings, none of their stuff fits right at all. Those control arms are known to kill turning radius and go through ball joints so quick that nobody wants them. I will probably ever purchase anything from them again, that's why I am so skeptical to the 4" TB springs that are advertised here. Also when I had their damn rear drop coils, they clanked around and sounded like shit, the moment I went Belltech, that problem went out the window. Their short end links for drops are good, but they need 1/5" of bushing dremeled off of them so they could fit into the bracket for end links on the frams. Their trailing arms also did not fit well but I eventually got them on.

---------- Post added at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was Yesterday at 11:57 PM ----------

And yeah I did not mean to thread jack you Ty. Those extenders look weird, I have never seen something like those before, After my bad experience I decided to just go the short shock route, you should too after all the price of extenders is half the price of drop shocks.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
have a set of billsteins already ordered, the added bonus of shock extenders is that they change the angle of the shock which helps fatigue....

Like I said, AIM rips their designs off from other companies. This design is a straight knock off of someone elses shock extension... it could be an older model though. Like I said, it look similar to the belltech shock extensions, only a little less bracket support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman