shock extensions dont fit.... WTF?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Has anyone else ever ran into this problem???

The passenger side went in FAIRLY well (still was not a real great fit).

HOWEVER

The driver side is not in, and cannot possibly go in.... "WHY?"

The holes that are drilling into the extension do not line up with the original shock mounting holes. I ****** with it for 30 minutes and nothing!

Anyone ever heard of this happening? Just started fixing my suspension and I am already running into problems! **** ME!

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Same shit happened to me with the DJM ones. Weh I finally hustled them on with Home Depot hardware they came off later.
But then again what else can one expect with DJM...
Even their trailing arm relocators and sway end links presented a slight problem.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
the red circle represents where the holw is located on my frame.

Attachments

• DSC_9329.jpg
    DSC_9329.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 39

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
take it back get them to fix it, help them get it right!

Tahoewhat

Ballin' on a Budget
Supporting Member
Reaction score
must of got drilled wrong from factory. Send them back and tell them one side is offset and wont fit. Hopefully they set it straight for you. Mine went right in, no problems.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
Modded.... I actually feel a little better knowing that your DJM's had the same issue. I wonder if the mounting points on the truck are variable.... I just hope that AIM Industries can fix this before the end of the week. Having ONE installed is already pissing me off

TahoeWhat... I bought em local from AIM Industries... they are based here in town. I have to head down to their shop tomorrow afternoon I suppose

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the red circle represents where the holw is located on my frame.

23_00-06.jpg

Is it me or do yours look different than the ones Norcall has listed on his site? This is part of a drop kit, but I would think the part would be the same regardless.

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
no, it is not a DJM... i forget who AIM rips off their designs from, but its someone elses design that they simply duplicate and fabricate.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same shit happened to me with the DJM ones. Weh I finally hustled them on with Home Depot hardware they came off later.
But then again what else can one expect with DJM...
Even their trailing arm relocators and sway end links presented a slight problem.

and Modded you really got me thinking twice about a DJM kit. You seem to have a lot of issues with their stuff. I'm considering the ultimate cornering kit with upper/lower control arms and I haven't seen anyone else even close to what DJM offers. Its all aftermarket so I expect some issues here and there, but you seem to knock everything they make. what's the deal? Should I be looking at something else? Am I going to run into the same thing with their control arms? sorry to jack the thread, but shitz bothering me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401