Shock Extenders/Longer Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's all the pictures I can find of that particular truck. :( Too bad I can't find more because I'd like more info from you guys on it. So you're thinking it's a 4 inch lift? That also sucks, because my 2.5" front spacers along with my 2" rear spacers won't get me that look if it is in fact a 4" kit on that truck. And you guys are saying that they are definitely 35's on those 18" wheels? Does that mean there would be a lot of cutting involved if I were to try to fit that size tire on my truck, or would it be a better choice to go with like a 33" tire since mine isn't gonna sit quite as high as that one?

Also, you mentioned the Rancho 4" kit actually gives about 5.5" of lift. Is that a good kit, or is there a better alternative out there for a 4" kit?

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, I like the look of that Burb you linked to above with the 4" Rancho kit, but it definitely does look like it's more than 4". If you guys have any opinions on the ride quality and overall quality of that particular Rancho kit, maybe I'll look into it a little closer.

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RS6582B looks like the part number ft he 4" Rancho kit for our trucks.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
The rancho kit is a really good kit! 1 piece front box for diff drop and rear trailing arm drops means this kit can be stacked with a 2" level kit to gain around 7-7.5". If you want a true 4" then keep your level kit and order Zone 2" body lift. 35s on a level is tough unless you want to cut the hell out of stuff. Stick with 33s especially if you want tire poke from fenders.

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like a nice kit and it better be for over two grand. Lol. I like your idea of using what I already bought along with the Zone 2" body lift. If I do I body lift will I have to do anything else like extend radiator hoses or radiator drop brackets or anything funky on these trucks? I remember my Uncle installed a body lift on his crew cab Tacoma and had to use things like radiator drop brackets and some other weird stuff.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
No all that stuff is ok. I would call and verify that the hitch moves with body lift. Think the rest will be fine as far as moving up. That will give you best cheap end 4" and I would still run 33s.

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No all that stuff is ok. I would call and verify that the hitch moves with body lift. Think the rest will be fine as far as moving up. That will give you best cheap end 4" and I would still run 33s.

Yeah, that would be sweet. I'd definitely needto be sure standard hitch functionality would remain because I've been doing a good amount of towing lately. Thanks for all the info so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts