Shock Extenders/Longer Shocks?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't actually plan on off-roading. Just thought a small lift and bigger wheels/tires might look good.

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@01Konvict

How ridiculous will my Burb look after installing the 2.5" front lift spacer along with the 2" rear lift spacer? I'm sure it'll look stupid as shit being that tall with the stock 17's still on it with the factory 265/70/17's. Since you're so knowledgeable on the lifted subject with these NNBS trucks, what diameter and offset rim should I purchase for a good appearance and fitment? And what size tire for whatever rim dimensions you suggest? I'd like the wheels/tires to stick out about an inch to an inch and a half past the fender, but not much more than that since I'm not running any sort of fender flares. Also, something that won't be rubbing like crazy at full steering lock in each direction since I'm not a big fan of cutting up my truck. I don't mind minor inner fender trimming, but don't wanna be cutting the shit out of my truck just because something will look good. BTW, I appreciate all your suggestions on this matter. As I told another member who's been offering up his experiences, your opinion and experiences can potentially save me a lot of wasted time, energy, and money on wasted parts that don't work correctly together. :)

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@01Konvict

This is the look I'm after as far as wheel and tire set-up goes. Actually, height wise, too, but I'm not sure what he's got going on as far as lift parts. Not sure if my 2.5" front and 2" rear lift will get me sitting this high, or not. I sure hope so, because I'd LOVE for my truck to be set-up just like the one in this picture. If it helps, the only thing I know for sure is that he's running an 18" diameter wheel. Maybe you can tell by looking at it what size tires he's running and if they'd work on my 2.5"/2" lift, and if they would even look right and clear fairly easily without too much cutting of my truck. Please tell me yes, but don't lie to me! Lol. I wish I knew who's truck this was so I could contact him and pick his brain on how he got his truck sitting so nicely.

P1000837.jpg

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Think the level kit size you picked will look fine. As far as wheels what size you want, 18, 20, or 22? Any of them will have to be a x9 or x10 wide. Either offset in range of -10 to -25 depending on width. Anything towards a x10 -24mm will require some cutting. The other option is to go skinny to trim less. That burb looks like a 2.5/2 level on 35/18s maybe 3.5 kit. Need more pictures on front end to tell

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since I'm trying to model mine after the pic of that black one, I guess I'd run 18's since that's whats on that one. I do know that for sure. And I'll post a couple more pics of that same truck so you can get a better idea of what he's got installed for lift and let me know. :)

OP
OP
C

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another. 01Konvict, you mentioned more pics. Can you tell by these pics what lift or leveling kit he's running and maybe what width and offset wheels and maybe even an estimate of tire size?

P1000848.jpg

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To me that looks like a 4" lift, maybe Rancho. I think the Rancho increases the front track width and that is the way it looks in the pictures.

Nitto Trail Grapplers available in 18s that would look like the ones in the pictures 295/70/18 or 35/12.5/18.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah here's my rig back in the day with just the level kit and awaiting for new tires. Yes a little goofy but not too bad. FYI those are the stock 265/65/18s.

tahoei_zpseyn4iugd.jpg

Last edited:

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Tires are def 35s! Nitto trail grapplers as stated above either size. Wheels are fuel boost 18x9 +1mm offset. Thinking the same as Zed with some 4" kit as the front wheels have track width increase not sure its Rancho though as that kit is taller than 4" more around 5.5" like Jogans burb. http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/thre...-lifted-and-leveled.70549/page-16#post-950326

Still need a lower side shot to see rear drop brackets if rancho kit or front cross member.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo