Service TPMS Message

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all, getting the SERVICE TPMS message on the display. It’s happened 3 times in the last 6 weeks. Turn the truck off, go start it the next day and the message is gone. Any ideas what could be causing this? TIA.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lithium ion batteries inside TPMS sensors may last anywhere from five to 10 years. Five to six years is a more typical lifespan for older TPMS sensors. TPMS sensors don't broadcast a continuous signal but only broadcast when the vehicle is in motion. Even then, the signal is intermittent to conserve battery life.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe, there is no code stored for a specific wheel? I don't know if the tpms would even save a code

OP
OP
Ex Euro Driver

Ex Euro Driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure either. It’s really odd that it only does it in the morning when I’m on my way to work. There have been hundreds of other opportunities for the truck to throw the same message but it’s just that specific time. Weird

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Not sure either. It’s really odd that it only does it in the morning when I’m on my way to work. There have been hundreds of other opportunities for the truck to throw the same message but it’s just that specific time. Weird

I would bet the batteries don't like the cold and they have been sitting all night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo