Seriously bad sounds from engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles are on this mill? If a lot, it should probably get a full rebuild or a total replacement from a wrecked truck. It'd be quicker, possibly cheaper and maybe even more reliable.

OP
OP
S

Sgtduckyboy

Reaction score
How many miles are on this mill? If a lot, it should probably get a full rebuild or a total replacement from a wrecked truck. It'd be quicker, possibly cheaper and maybe even more reliable.

189K, just rebuilt the top end last winter, that is what is so damned depressing about this. I could have just pulled it last winter, done everything at once! but I have too much money in this car not to try to fix it further. I bought a jalopy Tahoe that runs great, just really rough looking, so i can get around. They Harley doesnt work well for moving large engine parts around! lol

I think in the long run, I'll have a vehicle that i can sell for a couple grand more than without the rebuilt engine. I just need to keep the costs down, so seeing what friends got the lift & stand I can borrow. I'll check if one of the local autoparts loaner programs has them too. I'll have to start another thread for the lower end rebuild.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
189K, just rebuilt the top end last winter, that is what is so damned depressing about this. I could have just pulled it last winter, done everything at once! but I have too much money in this car not to try to fix it further. I bought a jalopy Tahoe that runs great, just really rough looking, so i can get around. They Harley doesnt work well for moving large engine parts around! lol

I think in the long run, I'll have a vehicle that i can sell for a couple grand more than without the rebuilt engine. I just need to keep the costs down, so seeing what friends got the lift & stand I can borrow. I'll check if one of the local autoparts loaner programs has them too. I'll have to start another thread for the lower end rebuild.

Yeah, unfortunately, that sound really seems to be coming from the bottom end. You could get a rebuilt shortblock and swap your top end to it or a complete pullout for $500 +/- and it'd be a direct swap (easy and quick). Check out car-part.com

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He's one of Florida's senators in the US Senate, a former astronaut and present ****** lover. Hopefully he'll be sent home in November by our current governor. Been damaging our republic for way too long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mazer16