Sea foam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can u just pour it in the tb or will u get better results through the vac line

I think going through a vac line causes it to atomize somewhat and disperse better in the intake manifold. If you pour it in the TB it would probably just drain down and puddle up in the plenum. Just a guess, though.

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
did my denali the other day..just used the last of my fuel and filled up today..took a short vid but i dont know how to post..99 denali with 185 km quite a bit of smoke shot out of her! my girls 88 chev with 156km only half as much as my truck..but they both purr pretty nice now.

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i found some Sea Foam on Amazon.com cost me 76$ with shipping for a 6 pack...hope it is worth it..guess i will know in a few weeks.! cheers

If thats $CDN, then that was about US$65. Ouch. $45 plus shipping here http://www.storeseven.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=9465

Or even less if you buy the 128 oz ($0.47 per oz for the six-pack vs $0.39 per oz for the big can).

Several years ago I bought something at a local speed shop for a Canadian friend and shipped it to him. It avoided some pretty costly tariffs or something had he ordered the same thing directly from a US store and had it shipped. I guess they nail you on commercial deliveries :shocked:

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
yeah i think it was 39$ for a 6 pack and 37.50$ for shipping. but it took only 4 or 5 days!!! that was awsome cause they told me up to 3 weeks!

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the big can from storeseven. Way more than I need, but my folks have a few cars they might want to use it in, too.

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
So I put a bottle in the crank case, and several bottles in the fuel tank, and I got absolutely bubkiss. Nothing happened, other than it backfires when I start it up now, but I think a tune up will fix that. So I guess I can say my engine was pretty clean to begin with? Is that fair?

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I put a bottle in the crank case, and several bottles in the fuel tank, and I got absolutely bubkiss. Nothing happened, other than it backfires when I start it up now, but I think a tune up will fix that. So I guess I can say my engine was pretty clean to begin with? Is that fair?

One of the videos or docs I read about it from the mfr said just divide the can into thirds, with 1/3 going for the intake cleaning, 1/3 for the gas tank, and 1/3 for the engine oil.

The only process that should make any smoke in the exhaust is the intake cleaning. The others shouldn't have any noticeable effect.

As for the engine oil, I wouldn't drive around with it in there. In fact, the first time you use it, you're not supposed to run the engine more than 30 minutes or 30 miles, then CHANGE THE OIL. After that, they have some strong cautions about driving with Seafoam in the oil--monitor it regularly "for color and clarity" although they give no benchmark by which to judge this, so I would avoid it.

See http://www.seafoamsales.com/technical-information/gasoline-engines/index.html

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Oh. The bottle didn't say that. Bastards. The bottle says add a bottle or so per 5 qts. So I did. :) Oil change, stat!!

Dr. Overkill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I just received the 128 oz can, and it didn't really have any instructions on it (actually, it may have had none...I'll have to check). Fortunately I'd seen some stuff online beforehand. Definitely check out the PDF docs on that page I linked, and watch the video on their home page:

http://www.seafoamsales.com/motor-treatment/index.html

That's where it mentions the 1/3 can thing. It doesn't say anything about changing the oil after a limited time, though, which is a pretty glaring oversight if you ask me. I think it should have been mentioned in the video, as some people may only see it.

And all of these instructions should be printed on the cans...

ravingmadman

Chief Knuckle Buster
Reaction score
Heh- got the inside vacuumed, the windows washed, and the oil+filter replaced at Jiffy Lube on Rose Hill for $31. I couldn't have done it myself for that, if you figure my time at $5/hour. Win!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kootamcgrabbin24